Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Song Titles - In Other (English language) Words (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 47 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  45  46  47   
Author Topic: Song Titles - In Other (English language) Words
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
A song title re-written in completely different words (even articles and conjunctions, unless impossible not to use the same ones).

for example: I post "Transport this person in such a way that I arrive on a natural satellite of Earth" = "Fly Me to The Moon."

If hints are necessary, one can include lyrics similarly altered; continuing the previous example: "Allow this person to observe the state of biological existence as it exists for the fourth but also fifth planets that circle the sun" = "let me see what life is like on Jupiter and Mars."

got it?

Here goes:
Continue to move energetically in place throughout a portion of the globe known to be uninhibited.

[ October 16, 2008, 03:49 PM: Message edited by: Kent Shakespeare ]

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
"Keep on Dancing Across the Wild World"??

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

not what I had in mind.

Lyric Hint:
Myself and unspecified others possess a sum of dots, numbering barely in the four-digit range, which consist of particles/waves associated with luminescence, intended to be conveyed to a male lacking a place of regular habitation.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Slightly amended Song Title clue (new bit in italics):

Continue to move energetically in place or create music appropriate for such movement throughout a portion of the globe known to be uninhibited.

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I have no clue, but now I have Party All Over the World stuck in my head. [Smile]
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, until someone figures this out, I'll need to bide my time, somehow. I guess until then I'll just:

"Keep on Rockin' in the Free World" [Wink]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
That's gotta be it, Exnihil.

<slaps forehead repeatedly!>

--------------------

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:
Well, until someone figures this out, I'll need to bide my time, somehow. I guess until then I'll just:

"Keep on Rockin' in the Free World" [Wink]

I disqualified that one because I misread 'uninhibited' as 'uninhabited!' I was trying to think of songs that involved singing/dancing in deserts or wastelands or whatever...

Argh!

Exnihil

I think Kent said he was going to be offline for a couple of weeks with computer trouble, but I think we all agree that's the answer, so I'll take the floor and give you this Rock Classic...

"The Sole Prerequisite for an Indefinitely Specified Individual is a Heightened Sense of Affectionate Solicitiude"

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Set

All You Need is Love.

If that's the answer, then mine is;

'Geographical region characterized by psychological or emotional perturbation.'

Exnihil

Yeesh, you got that in no time at all. Hmmm... next one will be harder.

I have no clue on yours. Maybe "Pressure Zone" by Beck. I'm thinking that's too obscure to be right, though.

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

"Island of Lost Souls"?

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Or "Land of Confusion"?

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by He Who Wanders:
Or "Land of Confusion"?

Sounds like a winnah, to me!

Whaddaya say, Exnihil?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Actually, it's Set who has to clear this one.

--------------------

This topic comprises 47 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  45  46  47   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.