Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » 2 True Statements, 1 Lie (Page 60)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 62 pages: 1  2  3  ...  57  58  59  60  61  62   
Author Topic: 2 True Statements, 1 Lie
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
3) Was grounded at home by my folks for Halloween, because I'd lost my eyeglasses earlier that week.
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
2) Rung in the New Year sick as a dog from the stomach flu.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I have (thus far) never had the stomach flu as a "grownup." mr_cleome, however, once spent New Year's Eve and most of the subsequent week in its clutches. (Back when we were living together and not married.) I rang in the New Year doing my taxes, because I was bored out of my skull and couldn't think of anything else to do. Also, I was waiting to see if I was going to catch the flu as well. (I didn't.)

One Christmas when I was a teenager working for my Mom, we really did get stuck on the highway on the way home from working at the annual party for a family in Union. Normally, the trip would only have taken a couple of hours round trip. But on the way home, a truck jackknifed thanks to heavy snow. We got stranded for hours, and the minivan my Mom owned for business had no lights in the back, or extra seats. We passed the time telling dirty jokes and trying to warm our cold hands and feet atop containers of leftover party food.

The Halloween thing is also true. I think I was eleven or twelve. My pals and I were diving into piles of leaves the weekend before Halloween, and my glasses fell off and disappeared. I tore apart the leaf pile, but never found them. Somebody probably took them as a prank. Worst. Halloween. Ever. I was the only kid who had to stay in all night.

HWW's next!

[ November 27, 2012, 07:12 PM: Message edited by: cleome46 ]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Ah, memories of holidays past . . .

1) I once went trick or treating as The Phantom Stranger.

2) I played the hunchback in a haunted house.

3) I got second degree burns on the Fourth of July once.

--------------------

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
2) I played the hunchback in a haunted house.
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

No sense in delaying the inevitable.

I was never the hunchback. That "honor" belonged to a classmate of mine during a fifth grade haunted house party. Other kids jeered him as they went by, which was totally unfair.

The last time I went trick-or-treating, I borrowed my grandfather's felt hat and a cape from somewhere. Unfortunately, I was not able to pull off the Phantom Stranger's shadow-covering-the-face routine, which rendered the disguise ineffective.

When I was very young, I touched a used sparkler during the Fourth of July, incurring second-degree burns on two fingers and my thumb. I had to wear a gauze bandage for some time.

Back to you, Virie.

--------------------

Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

1. I picked up Firefly and Serenity during Amazons black friday sales

2. I picked up Adobe CS6 during Staples black friday sales

3. I picked up Doom 3 BFG edition and Little Big Planet Karting during EBGames black friday sales

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

1. I picked up Firefly and Serenity during Amazons black friday sales

--------------------

Blaze
Firing Up Your Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blaze           Edit/Delete Post     
3. I picked up Doom 3 BFG edition and Little Big Planet Karting during EBGames black friday sales
From: in your dreams | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
2. I picked up Adobe CS6 during Staples black friday sales
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

And Kent has it.

I spent a total of $50 between Amazon and EBGames' online black friday sales.

I REALLY want CS6, especially after trying the trial version, but haven't found and decent deals on it anywhere [Frown]

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

1. I am considering taking an Amtrak trip east in December.
2. I am planning to be in Montreal for the holidays.
3. All plans under current consideration include spending at least some time in Seattle, New York, and my hometown, even if just passing through and (hopefully) seeing friends.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

3. All plans under current consideration include spending at least some time in Seattle, New York, and my hometown, even if just passing through and (hopefully) seeing friends.

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

HWWey has it right out of the gate. If by train, Seattle (but then probably not NYC). If by air, probably not Seattle (but probably NYC). So not all plans include both the Emerald City and the Big Apple.
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

I'm on a roll!

I just watched a Jefferson Airplane documentary on YouTube.

1. My favorite JA song is "White Rabbit".

2. The JA member I've identified with most is Paul Kantner.

3. I got to interview Spencer Dryden once.

--------------------

This topic comprises 62 pages: 1  2  3  ...  57  58  59  60  61  62   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.