Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » 2 True Statements, 1 Lie (Page 61)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 62 pages: 1  2  3  ...  58  59  60  61  62   
Author Topic: 2 True Statements, 1 Lie
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
2. The JA member I've identified with most is Paul Kantner.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
1. My favorite JA song is "White Rabbit".
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I've always identified with Kantner the most. I love the science fiction themes of his songs and his revolutionary stance, which he maintained long after the '60s were over. Plus he was the only consistent member of Jefferson Airplane and Jefferson Starship from its inception in 1965 until he left in 1984--he was the one who kept the group going after Grace Slick, Marty Balin,and the rest (temporarily or permanently) abandoned ship.

I had a lengthy phone conversation with Spencer Dryden once--very nice man who answered my questions about his background and arrival into the group, and who was intrigued by the Airplane/Starship fansite for which I was writing.

"White Rabbit" is a classic, but I like at least half a dozen Airplane songs better, including "Somebody to Love," "We Can Be Together," "Plastic Fantastic Lover," and "Feel So Good."

Back to you, Kent.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

1. The glass of wine I had with dinner last night was the first alcohol I've had since my birthday (Oct 10).
2. the crabmeat-stuffed dover sole last night was the first seafood I've had in four weeks, since a university banquet honouring our retiring department head.
3. I spent more on dinner last night than I'd spent on any single meal since September, when I last visited the local steakhouse.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
1. The glass of wine I had with dinner last night was the first alcohol I've had since my birthday (Oct 10).

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
3. I spent more on dinner last night than I'd spent on any single meal since September, when I last visited the local steakhouse.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
2. the crabmeat-stuffed dover sole last night was the first seafood I've had in four weeks, since a university banquet honouring our retiring department head
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

sorry for the delay. turned out to be a buy couple of days, and last time I had checked there was not yet a winner.

Virdy has it! I do not do seafood anymore at all, as my body does not seem to react well to it anymore. No dept banquet; the most our dept does is 'pie day' once a month and the occasional sandwich trays for events. It's also a fairly young dept (for academics); not a lot of retiring going on.

I had a chicken breast stuffed with a mushroom sauce. I've been watching $ lately, but splurged (wine and dessert too). The Sept steakhouse trip was intended as a sort of 'last hurrah' before trying to go veggie, but that did not pan out (so that prior one had been a last hurrah for expensive meals for a while).

I'd also been doing without booze for monetary, eight, and general avoiding-depressants reasons, although the second half of December will likely see some breaking of that rule.

go, Virdy!

Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
You made that one too easy, you mentioned it on FB a few days before hand

Today I began planning for two new artworks for DeviantArt

1. Havik from Mortal Kombat drawing for "Fighting Games Elite" group

2. Pre-Crisis Supergirl drawing for the "Daily Sketch Challenge" group

3. Viridis Lament photomanipulation for "New Beginnings" contest sponsored by TasaStock

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

1. Havik from Mortal Kombat drawing for "Fighting Games Elite" group

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
2. Pre-Crisis Supergirl drawing for the "Daily Sketch Challenge" group

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

No need to waste more time, Ibby has it.

The Supergirl I am beginning in a few minutes (and due to the "rules" of the group, I only have 1/2 hour to complete)

The manip I have all my resources gathered and saved into a single PSD file. I have till January to finish that one, so no rush on that one

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

wow, 1/2 hour. I can't imagine myself sketching a comic book character in that amount of time!

1. I need to get a new daily planner for 2013.

2. I need to get a new backpack by February 2013.

3. I need to get a new cell phone after Christmas.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

2. I need to get a new backpack by February 2013.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Quis is correct at the first guess! I need the new backpack by Christmas, as I'm planning to use it on a backpacking trip over the New Year.

--------------------

This topic comprises 62 pages: 1  2  3  ...  58  59  60  61  62   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.