Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » I'm thinking of an ANIMAL 2! (Page 53)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 103 pages: 1  2  3  ...  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  ...  101  102  103   
Author Topic: I'm thinking of an ANIMAL 2!
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't know.
I've seen shows where orca's attack and eat members of the baleen whale family, but I suppose that that action might be rare.
Calves are especially vulnerable to predators.

But, baleen types are the only thing left, that I can think of, too.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
It is not a baleen whale. If you look over the species that were listed, there's a pretty clear omission, given the fact that the animal is a cetacean.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm blanking on the answer right now, but... a narwhal?

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Nope.

I'm practically giving it away here - look at the animals you list in your question for order Cetacea, in the parenthesis.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, I went to wiki.
I'd thought of this one before but eliminated it because of the orca and great white issue.
sigh

Is your animal a humpback whale?
(Which appears to not be a baleen type, which I didn't know and still don't quite understand.)

Sorry we frustrated you a little (a lot?), Chaim.

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

No, not a humpback whale.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

So... you're thinking of a porpoise?

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

There we go! Porpoise!

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

*smacks head*

That took me long enough.

Okay... I'm thinking of an animal.

--------------------

Chaim Mattis Keller

Is it a vertebrate?

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

sigh

Dolphins and porpoises are a major great white food source, especially in the Mediterranean Sea.
They've also been found in Tiger and Hammer Head sharks, as well.
Orca's will eat them, too.

Porpoises are also kept by humans for entertainment purposes, i.e. Sea World.

The real problem is that I usually think of dolphins and porpoises as one group, even though I know that they're not.
[No]

So, good one!
[Yes]

IB - does your animal fly?

--------------------

Come, join me!

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

No, not a vertebrate.

And no, it doesn't fly either.

Same here - I always assumed dolphins and porpoises were the exact same thing!

--------------------

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Is it an insect?

--------------------

Come, join me!

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Nope, not an insect either.

--------------------

Chaim Mattis Keller

Is it aquatic?

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

This topic comprises 103 pages: 1  2  3  ...  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  ...  101  102  103   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.