Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread, Pt. 3 (Page 16)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread, Pt. 3
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Next question:

Harold Hamgravy was once engaged to whom?

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
That name just screams oldtime Popeye series, so I'll guess Olive Oyl.
From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Harold Hamgravy, also known simply as Ham Gravy, was indeed engaged to Olive Oil. In fact, he was the original star of Thimble Theater, before gradually losing his place, first being outshone by Olive's brother Castor, and eventually, a decade after the strip began, by new character Popeye. He may have ended up only as a minor character in Popeye, but he yam what he yam.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
^ Dos that mean Olive Oil predates Popeye? That's interesting. I never knew that. It seems kinda like Lois Lane predating Superman - a bit weird.
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, Olive was not Popeye's supporting character, she was a strip mainstay from the beginning, Popeye just breezed in years later and was what we call nowadays a breakout character.

Sticking with Popeye for the nonce, which character made endless trouble for Popeye because he wasn't interested in romancing her?

From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Er...Sea Hag? [Smile]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

That's her.
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Really?!?! F***! I thought that was a shot in the dark!!! [LOL]

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

It's not as if shots in the dark don't work in the trivia threads.
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

There once was an "underboss" who used a very key piece of information he got from a childhood friend in an attempt to ascend to a higher position in the criminal underworld. When that ultimately failed, he used the info to buy the FBI's protection. Let's just say that didn't work out for him in the end.

What was the piece of info, and which character originating in the late Silver Age was the childhood friend?

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

The first character to pop into my head was Daredevil for some reason so I'll guess him and his secret identity was the info.
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
The first character to pop into my head was Daredevil for some reason so I'll guess him and his secret identity was the info.

Yep, yer half right, so who did he get the info from?

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

Gosh. Considering I've never read a comic with Daredevil in it before, that was a lucky guess.

I'm trying to remember back to that Ben Affleck movie to recall the name of one of his supporting characters....

Happy Hogan? I think that was one of them.

Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
That sounds a bit like Karen Page from the "Born Again" story, but I didn't think she was a childhood friend.

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Xben:
That sounds a bit like Karen Page from the "Born Again" story, but I didn't think she was a childhood friend.

And I don't think Karen is a "him"

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  27  28  29   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.