Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread, Pt. 3 (Page 27)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29   
Author Topic: The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread, Pt. 3
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Ummm Should I leave you two in charge of asking all the clues for this question? [Wink] [Razz]

If Shining Son has looked up the answer too, then that's another of the regular players in this thread down! (Unless you just don't want to answer it for some reason, SS?)

I'll add some more clues to the ones above to jolt some more players into action.

QUESTION - Most people know that Jade and Obsidian are the children of the super-hero Green Lantern (Alan Scott) and the super-villain Rose & Thorn (Rose Canton). But did you know that Rose Canton had another super-powered child? Please name this half-sibling of Jade and Obsidian.

CLUES:

* They are more closely associated with an Earth-1 team/property than with any Earth-2 ones.
* This character is/was a member of a team, though not one that ever had their own title.
* The character in question is fairly obscure.
* This character has some sort of connection to Thanksgiving.
* This character and their mother share a similarity.
* While not a villain, this character was cast as an antagonist in most of their appearances.
* This character was created pre-Crisis but died just a few years after it.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, I looked it up, and just as well, because I never heard of this character.

Also, for years I was thinking that Phantom Lady was Jade and Obsidian's mom. Must have been just a fan theory, but haven't run across any mention of it at all, even as theory.

From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Time for more clues!

QUESTION - Most people know that Jade and Obsidian are the children of the super-hero Green Lantern (Alan Scott) and the super-villain Rose & Thorn (Rose Canton). But did you know that Rose Canton had another super-powered child? Please name this half-sibling of Jade and Obsidian.

CLUES:

* They are more closely associated with an Earth-1 team/property than with any Earth-2 ones.
* This character is/was a member of a team, though not one that ever had their own title.
* The character in question is fairly obscure.
* This character has some sort of connection to Thanksgiving.
* This character and their mother share a similarity.
* While not a villain, this character was cast as an antagonist in most of their appearances.
* This character was created pre-Crisis but died just a few years after it.
* I only realised that the name of the team that this character is a member of is a rather hilarious pun about 10 years after first hearing of them!
* This character has brown hair.
* The comic series this character died in had, at that point, probably killed off more DC characters than any other except Crisis on Infinite Earths.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Is it Mayflower of the Force of July?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

^ Yes it is!

Here's her team's wikipedia entry for those who don't know much about them/her.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Force_of_july

Even though my only exposure to this group was their final appearance in Suicide Squad, I'm really sorry this team didn't last longer.

I think their names, costumes, powers and raison d'etre were all quite interesting and memorable and could have been milked for a lot more stories than they were. Oh well.

Over to you, Q.

[ November 16, 2012, 11:39 PM: Message edited by: Blacula ]

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
OK this might be easy.

What was Earth-B?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
That was the world where any story that didn't fit elsewhere happened.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

I knew it would be easy.

Bob Rozakis named it Earh-B in honor of Bob Haney, who in the Brave & the Bold would write out-of-continuity stories.

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Right. I think he coined it in his "Ask the Answer Man" column. Marvel-DC x-overs were also said to be there, as I recall. Some fans thought the Super Friends comic was set there, but E Nelson Bridwell always argued they were Earth-1.

okay, then...

There is a character who appeared multiple times in the 1970s/80s DC Comics Presents series, yet was supposed to have one more appearance that never saw print.

The missing story was referred in another series, along with a footnote telling readers to watch for an upcoming DCCP story, but it wound up never seeing print.

Name the character (and bonus points for naming the circumstances of the cross-over reference).

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Would that be the Flash?

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

not the Flash.
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Green Lantern?

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
What about Jonathan Ross (Pete Ross's son)?

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

neither GL not Jon Ross.

Unlike Jon Ross, he was a 'headline' character, with his own logo alongside Supes under the DCCP banner.

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Batman?

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.