Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread, Pt. 3 (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread, Pt. 3
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
Going back one question, I just wanted to say nobody ever called him Robert either until the TV series. Bruce must have just not been macho enough for a 70's TV lead.

Though that could be precisely why Stan Lee picked the name in the first place, to contrast with untramuscular Hulk.

And now, back to your game...

From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Shining Son, I also think at the time of the TV show "Bruce" was something of a slang for a gay man. So there was a little bit of homophobia behind the name change IMHO

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Bruce became "Robert Bruce" Banner simply because Stan Lee went a whole story in TTA calling him "Bob Banner". Same way the second story in ASM #1 stars "Peter Palmer", Lee has always had a bad memory - so many early Marvel characters named by him have alliterative names as an aide mémoire for him - clearly though, not a foolproof one! This one, they codified rather than ignored.

quote:
Originally posted by ActorLad:
The mental condition (madness) that Eternals are susceptible to, correct?

Correct!

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Shining Son:
Going back one question, I just wanted to say nobody ever called him Robert either until the TV series. Bruce must have just not been macho enough for a 70's TV lead.

Though that could be precisely why Stan Lee picked the name in the first place, to contrast with untramuscular Hulk.

And now, back to your game...

He was actually David Banner for the TV series, but yes, probably for the same reason.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
It seems there's an increased tendency to introduce offspring of super-heroes these days in main continuity, what's the name of Doctor Strange's kid?

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I have no idea but -

Stephen Jnr?

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Chance Falconer! [Wink]

http://www.byrnerobotics.com/forum/uploads/EricRuss/2008-01-22_181603_Leave_it_to_chance_shaman%27s_rain.jpg

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Nope!

You know I've heard good things but I haven't had the opportunity to read Leave It To Chance.

--------------------
ActorLad

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Bump.
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
Abigail Strange

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Forgot it was still my turn. That's incorrect but I will confirm that said offspring is female.

--------------------
ActorLad

Blacula
Easy

Bump again.
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Ok, I did a google search. I came up with Sofia Strange.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Sofia Strange it is, she appeared in the most recent and extremely short-lived Epic Anthology.

--------------------
ActorLad

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Who wanted to be known as Chick Andrews?

--------------------

This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  27  28  29   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.