Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Legion Trivia 4 (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 72 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  70  71  72   
Author Topic: Legion Trivia 4
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
I was just rereading LSH Archives Volume 2, and came across "The Doom of the Super-Heroes" - the one where Mask Man basically kills everybody.

If you remember that one, the splash page (a symbolic one, basically an internal cover, as was common for the series in those days) showed Mask Man spinning a wheel with the different Legionnaires faces, in order to decide who he would kill next.

There are 15 Legionnaires shown on that wheel. By my count, we'd seen 20 different members on the team up to this point.

This is a two part question:
a. Who are the five members who are missing from that page?
b. For which two members that are on that page does that image represent the only picture they have in their second appearance in a Legion story?

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Guess time -

a) Shrinking Violet, Bouncing Boy, Dream Girl, Star Boy, Invisible Kid

b) Karate Kid, Princess Projectra

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm, none of the those guesses are correct. In fact, three people you guessed hadn't debuted yet.

--------------------

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Guessing with a little bit of spotty memory of the story itself:

a) Colossal Boy, Matter-Eater Lad, Phantom Girl, Supergirl, Triplicate Girl

b) Element Lad, Star Boy

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

5 of your 7 guesses are correct!

One hint: Remember that the question cited 20 Legionnaires who had joined the team up to that point - not all the then-active Legionnaires.

--------------------

The truth set me free

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
a) Lightning Lad, Supergirl, Matter-Eater Lad, Element Lad, Pete Ross

b) Phantom Girl, Star Boy

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
a) Element Lad, Lightning Lad, Matter-Eater Lad, Phantom Girl, Supergirl

b) Star Boy, Triplicate Girl

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

IB had 4 out of 7 in the right slots.

Future, you've got 5 out of 7.

You've cottoned onto the fact that Lightning Lad wouldn't be there, as he was dead at the time, nor Supergirl, who just wasn't around all the time. Pete Ross wasn't there either, but I'm not counting him in my list of 20 Legionnaires since he didn't actually join the team as a proper Legionnaire.

Of the other two characters who don't appear in the panel, all three were definitely "active Legionnaires." Two did not appear all that often at the time, but the third was a major player in the story and in the series in general, so it's a bit of mystery that they don't show up.

Of the two who do make their second appearance in a Legion story on that panel, one had debuted a long time earlier, and the other only a couple of stories earlier.

--------------------

The truth set me free

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

a) Lightning Lad, Supergirl, Element Lad, Phantom Girl, Chameleon Boy

b) Matter-Eater Lad, Star Boy

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
a) Lightning Lad, Supergirl, Triplicate Girl, Matter-Eater Lad, Brainiac Five

b) Element Lad, Star Boy

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

IB has 4 right.

EDE has 5 right.

No one has yet correctly guessed the character that I described as a "major player in the story and the series in general"

I'll confirm that both characters in Part B are male.

--------------------

The truth set me free

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

a) Lightning Lad, Supergirl, Colossal Boy, Phantom Girl, Matter-Eater Lad

b) Element Lad, Star Boy

--------------------

Xben
Deputy

IB, you've got 6 this time - and still you don't have the "major player" character correct.

--------------------

The truth set me free

stuorstew
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuorstew   Email stuorstew         Edit/Delete Post     
a) Lightning Lad, Supergirl, Colossal Boy, Matter-Eater Lad, Mon-El

b) Element Lad, Star Boy

From: Dorset, England | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

You've got five, but now all seven correct answers have been guessed since the question was posed.

--------------------

The truth set me free

This topic comprises 72 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  70  71  72   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.