Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Titans Idol! (WE HAVE A WINNER!!!) (Page 14)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Titans Idol! (WE HAVE A WINNER!!!)
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Kole for the win!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm. Kole or Kid Flash? Each has tactical considerations...

Kole it is! Bring us to victory, crystal-spinner!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
(Pre-Flashpoint) Flash (Wally West)

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
KOLE!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
It's kinda interesting how our Top 3 is composed of:

- someone who only recently actually joined the "main" Titans team despite being on an ancillary team for a very short time in her career
- someone whose entire comics existence spanned just about a year (not counting returns from the dead)
- someone who "graduated" from the team early

awesome ^^ DC, hope you're reading this!! oh, and make comics Raven (whenever you bring her back) more like the animated version!!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Gosh. I never thought I would still have two of my favorites left in the final round.

I knew from the first round that Kole would be here at the end (and would/will probably win) but well done to Flamebird for making it here too. (And Wally, though his inclusion is much less of a surprise. I knew one of Dick, Donna or Wally would be here too. Just wasn't sure which.)

But who to give my vote to now? The shooting star who was taken from us far too soon? Or the quiet fighter who's been hanging on for around fifty years and has only recently started achieving the recognition she deserves?

I'd be happy with either one winning but since Kole has felt like the fait accompli for so long, I'll vote for Flamebird to keep things interesting.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry IB, Comic book Raven needs to be like her original self. They tried making her into the cartoon Raven in a mini-series they did a couple of years back.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Can't say I'm that familiar with current Raven, Quis. Based on Wolfman-Perez Raven up to evil Raven, my reaction is mostly based on what they did with evil Raven.

I do admit though that the original Raven was very likable - she was tortured but very compassionate, and THAT characterization I liked a lot.

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
awesome ^^ DC, hope you're reading this!! oh, and make comics Raven (whenever you bring her back) more like the animated version!!

Or not. [Wink] I greatly dislike that version of the character so seeing her last for so long like that was a source of great frustration for me.

I wouldn't call myself the biggest fan of the comics version of Raven either (though I do like her) but I think the extensive character work she received made her a MUCH stronger and more interesting character than the animated one - which to me just seemed like the writers had created a Mary Sue for every bookish emo/goth outsider who wished they could be as droll and aloof and quick/dry-witted as she was. A pandering manipulation of a character-type that pops up so much on TV these days that IMO any one of a number of similar characters could have stepped into animated Raven's costume with very little noticeable difference to the show.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

That clears up the mystery from many rounds ago, Blacula [Razz]

I have to say that yours and Quis' opinions have swayed me somewhat. Any good recommendations for particular issues that show Raven's good, gradual character development? I followed her story arc in the original Wolfman-Perez run but kind of got lost after the Titans fought Trigon.

Also, any issues to avoid in particular, like the ones where she became a stripper-vampire who planted Trigon seeds in many beloved chaarcters? [Razz]

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
*pops in unexpectedly*

FLAMEBIRD for the win!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
On the Raven tangent, I'd be fine with either the fun Animated Raven personality or the weight-of-the-world very serious classic Raven personality, but for powers, I hugely prefer Animated Raven.

The flight and the darkforce stuff was much more active than classic Raven's passive 'team transport / healer with poor control of her powers' role.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
(Pre-Flashpoint) Flash (Wally West)

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

I doubt anyone else will vote, so...

THE FINALE!

The results for this were much closer than the Legion Idol results, but after a long hard game, we have...

Flamebird and Flash tie with 3 votes each! Using accumulated votes to break the tie -

Flamebird racked up 759 before this, while Wally got 813, so...

Flamebird comes in a well-deserved third, seeing as how she returned to the list and outlasted 8 other Titans to make the finals!

Flash / Kid Flash, the first Titan to "graduate" and a long-serving member of the team, comes in 2nd!

and your champion...

KOLE, despite having had such a short tenure, managed to touch many of our hearts since it was both far too short and way too good!

Incidentally, Kole got a total of 1135 points before this round.

Three cheers for our winners!

Special award goes to 4th placer Nightwing/Robin (Dick), for having the single highest point total in the game at 1165.

Thanks to Blacula, Future, Lard Lad, Power Boy, Quislet Esq., Set, Vee for voting every single round of this game, and Dave Hackett, Eryk Davis Ester and lowercase mllash for also participating!

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Here's the list of everyone who got more than 500 points throughout the game. First number is their final rank, last number is the total points.

4 - (Pre-Flashpoint) Nightwing / Robin (Dick Grayson) 1165
1 - (Pre-Flashpoint) Kole 1139
2 - (Pre-Flashpoint) Flash (Wally West) 816
5 - (Teen Titans Animated) Raven 799
10 - (Pre-Flashpoint) Donna Troy 772
8 - (Pre-Flashpoint) Captain Marvel Jr. 765
3 - (Pre-Flashpoint) Flamebird 762
6 - (Pre-Flashpoint) Robin (Tim Drake) 660
11 - (Pre-Flashpoint) Dove I (Don Hall) 632
12 - (Pre-Flashpoint) Bumblebee 626
7 - (Pre-Flashpoint) Lilith / Omen 592
13 - (Pre-Flashpoint) Miss Martian 571
9 - (Pre-Flashpoint) Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes) 570
14 - (Pre-Flashpoint) Tempest 548

--------------------

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.