Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Titans Idol! (WE HAVE A WINNER!!!) (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Titans Idol! (WE HAVE A WINNER!!!)
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
<---- Breathes sigh of relief. Could not have handled losing Mal in the FIRST round!

Definitely some very interesting results after this round IB.

I'm also surprised to see Argent only got one vote. She used to be among my very least favourite members of this team but I've somewhat warmed to her since the Jurgens/Grayson years. Would have thought she was more popular with others though.

Other early exit surprises - Batgirl, the Robins: Damien and Jason, Jesse Quick, Static, Supergirl: Matrix, Green Lantern...

I'm not as sorry to lose that last one as you though. Kyle is an OK character but he's much more a JLA one than a Titans one - as he proved when he turned against the team in JLA/Titans! [Razz]

The top 3 were a surprise, but a happy one. Especially Bumblebee! [Eek!] Where'd THAT surge in popularity come from?!?

As for the placements of the founding 5 - I knew Dick, Donna and Wally would make it through just fine without my votes. I wonder if others felt the same?

Fun game!

[ September 09, 2012, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: Blacula ]

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

quote:
Originally posted by Power Boy:
[LOL]

Poor Wonder Boy goes home ... [Frown]

I make no secret of my interest in minor, lower-tier, z-grade comic book characters and his appearance in this thread, combined with your love for him PB [Wink] , has got me fascinated in this Wonder Boy of which I have no memory!

I am going to pull out my old Team Titans issues and give all the posters in here a rundown of the amazing WONDER BOY before this game is done!

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I was surprised that Bumblebee, Duela and Flamebird were so popular too - Bette got only one vote less than the first two! Pleased to see Kole and Tula doing quite well too, with only one vote less than Bette. Looks like love for the more obscure underdog Titans is strong!

I'm actually surprised Mal ranked so low. Given the popularity of the three gals above...! Maybe the girls are just more popular in general?

Somewhat pleased to see Solstice, CM3, Magenta, Bunker, Lagoon Boy, Pantha and Proxy, among others, squeak through. Can't say I'm truly elated, though - these characters are all (IMO) interesting and pleasant, but I don't "know" them well enough to really jump for joy.

Not too surprised that Jesse (or Kyle) didn't make it, since they're more associated with other teams. Sad for Kyle, since I see his tenure in the Titans as a nice story about him growing up, but not surprised.

Not too surprised about Batgirl or Damian or Jason Todd either, since they weren't really associated with the Titans (and Damian has been pretty snotty before!).

I knew the Founding 5 + the Perez/Wolfman biggies (Kory, Raven, Vic, Gar) would make it through no problem. It'll be interesting to see how they rank in the end, though!

Glad you're having fun, Blacula! Keep the comments coming, I love how these Idol games tend to spur discussion on the characters [Smile]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
quote:
[LOL]

Poor Wonder Boy goes home ... [Frown]

I make no secret of my interest in minor, lower-tier, z-grade comic book characters and his appearance in this thread, combined with your love for him PB [Wink] , has got me fascinated in this Wonder Boy of which I have no memory!

I am going to pull out my old Team Titans issues and give all the posters in here a rundown of the amazing WONDER BOY before this game is done!

um ... I actually never read a comic with Wonder Boy in it ... so he may suck ... but I find him wackily interesting based from what small tid bits I've read on the internet ... I also have a huge interest in little used characters ... <cough> Nam'Lor <cough> ... heh heh
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
1. Donna Troy
2. Kole
3. Lilith
4. Captain Marvel Jr.
5. Flamebird
6. Red Arrow
7. Golden Eagle
8. Nightwing (Dick Grayson)
9. Dove (Don Hall)
10. Flash (Wally West)
11. Superboy
12. Starfire
13. Cyborg
14. Tempest
15. Miss Martian
16. Speedy (Mia)
17. Zatarra II
18. Bumblebee
19. Power Boy
20. Beast Boy

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
1 (Pre-Flashpoint) Nightwing / Robin (Dick Grayson)
2 (Teen Titans Animated) Raven
3 (Pre-Flashpoint) Dove II (Dawn Granger)
4 (Pre-Flashpoint) Wendy (Proxy)
5 (Pre-Flashpoint) Donna Troy
6 (Pre-Flashpoint) Robin (Tim Drake)
7 (Teen Titans Animated) Starfire
8 (Pre-Flashpoint) Cyborg
9 (Pre-Flashpoint) Beast Boy
10 (Pre-Flashpoint) Hawk I (Hank Hall)
11 (Pre-Flashpoint) Joto / Hotspot
12 (Pre-Flashpoint) Raven
13 (Pre-Flashpoint) Starfire
14 (Pre-Flashpoint) Dove I (Don Hall)
15 (Pre-Flashpoint) Flash (Wally West)
16 (Pre-Flashpoint) Impulse / Kid Flash (Bart Allen)
17 (Pre-Flashpoint) Red Arrow / Arsenal
18 (Pre-Flashpoint) Superboy
19 (Pre-Flashpoint) Wonder Girl (Cassie Sandsmark)
20 (Pre-Flashpoint) Tempest

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I was disappointed that all of the main 5 from the animated series didn't make it in. here's hoping animated Starfire and Raven go far!

Also, I'm a big fan of the Stephanie Brown Batgirl series, so I'm hoping Wendy/Proxy goes far!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
1 (Pre-Flashpoint) Joker’s Daughter (Duela Dent)
2 (Pre-Flashpoint) Kole
3 (Pre-Flashpoint) Miss Martian
4 (Teen Titans Animated) Raven
5 (Pre-Flashpoint) Superboy (Conner)
6 (Pre-Flashpoint) Nightwing / Robin (Dick Grayson)
7 (Pre-Flashpoint) Red Arrow / Arsenal
8 (Pre-Flashpoint) Tempest (Garth)
9 (Pre-Flashpoint) Son of Vulcan
10 (Pre-Flashpoint) Golden Eagle
11 (Pre-Flashpoint) Zatara II
12 (Teen Titans Animated) Starfire
13 (Pre-Flashpoint) Terra I (Tara Markov)
14 (Pre-Flashpoint) Osiris
15 (Pre-Flashpoint) Bumblebee
16 (Pre-Flashpoint) Damage
17 (Pre-Flashpoint) Power Boy
18 (Pre-Flashpoint) Jericho
19 (Pre-Flashpoint) Ravager
20 (Pre-Flashpoint) Bombshell

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
While looking up Wonder Boy, I found this image I'd never seen before!
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
1 (Pre-Flashpoint) Captain Marvel Jr.
2 (Pre-Flashpoint) Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes)
3 (Pre-Flashpoint) Tempest
4 (Pre-Flashpoint) Dove I (Don Hall)
5 (Pre-Flashpoint) Robin (Tim Drake)
6 (Pre-Flashpoint) Zatara II
7 (Pre-Flashpoint) Kid Devil
8 (Pre-Flashpoint) Damage
9 (Pre-Flashpoint) Red Arrow / Arsenal
10 (Pre-Flashpoint) Herald (Mal Duncan)
11 (Pre-Flashpoint) Impulse / Kid Flash (Bart Allen)
12 (Pre-Flashpoint) Nightwing / Robin (Dick Grayson)
13 (Pre-Flashpoint) Flash (Wally West)
14 (Pre-Flashpoint) Superboy
15 (Pre-Flashpoint) Hawk I (Hank Hall)
16 (Pre-Flashpoint) Bumblebee
17 (Pre-Flashpoint) Joker's Daughter (Duela Dent)
18 (Pre-Flashpoint) Donna Troy
19 (Pre-Flashpoint) Miss Martian
20 (Pre-Flashpoint) Cyborg

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

quote:

12. Starfire

Peebz, I'm assuming this is for comics Starfire and not Animated Starfire [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by Set:

Ah, what could have been... A crossover between those two teams, in those two eras, would have been awesome!

quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
I was disappointed that all of the main 5 from the animated series didn't make it in. here's hoping animated Starfire and Raven go far!

Also, I'm a big fan of the Stephanie Brown Batgirl series, so I'm hoping Wendy/Proxy goes far!

I like all three Titans you mentioned too, and I really prefer Animated Raven and Starfire to their comics counterparts too!

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

I'm surprised at how male-heavy my lists turned out to be. I usually end up lopsided in the other direction.

Similarly, I've put zero thought into how this team would balance, and have Superboy, Osiris, Damage, Miss Martian, Bombshell and Power Boy (who, more or less, are very similar powerhouses) alongside scrappier non-powered (or 'lightly powered') characters like Nightwing, Arsenal, Joker's Daughter, Ravager, Son of Vulcan and Golden Eagle.

I artificially limited myself to picking only one version of a character, but, in retrospect, I kinda wish I'd voted for both Animated Kory *and* Pre-Flashpoint Kory. I love them both!

Blacula
Easy

quote:

I see about 5 trivia thread questions I can ask, based on that image. [Big Grin]
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

quote:
Similarly, I've put zero thought into how this team would balance,

I also wondered whether many of us would vote differently if our objective were to create a team vs. to simply vote for our favorites. I know MY lists would be different for both this game and Legion Idol.

I also found myself being "overly inclusive" - when making my list I realized that I hadn't read a single issue with Bushido in it, yet included him because I know he's Asian and liked his look!

At least I can say Solstice, Bunker and Jaime Reyes are on my list because I read issues featuring them and liked how they were written!

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

Knowing that there's only going to be one winner at the end of all this (which, by the way, even now, I have a feeling I know who that winner is going to be) I'm not paying attention to the "team balance" in my votes at all.

I'm really surprised that there are voters here voting for characters that they've never actually read in a comic before. You guys must be supremely disinterested in a lot of the Titans that you have actually read! haha

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.