Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Titans Idol! (WE HAVE A WINNER!!!) (Page 9)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Titans Idol! (WE HAVE A WINNER!!!)
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
(Teen Titans Animated) Raven
(Pre-Flashpoint) Dove I (Don Hall)
(Pre-Flashpoint) Nightwing / Robin (Dick Grayson)
(Pre-Flashpoint) Robin (Tim Drake)
(Pre-Flashpoint) Donna Troy
(Pre-Flashpoint) Flamebird
(Pre-Flashpoint) Kole
(Pre-Flashpoint) Flash (Wally West)

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Ugh. This was a really hard vote.

1. (Pre-Flashpoint) Lilith / Omen
2. (Pre-Flashpoint) Dove I (Don Hall)
3. (Pre-Flashpoint) Tempest
4. (Pre-Flashpoint) Bumblebee
5. (Pre-Flashpoint) Flamebird
6. (Pre-Flashpoint) Golden Eagle
7. (Pre-Flashpoint) Kole
8. (Pre-Flashpoint) Flash (Wally West)

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Very, and I don't think it''s enough.

1 (Pre-Flashpoint) Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes)
2 (Pre-Flashpoint) Captain Marvel Jr.
3 (Pre-Flashpoint) Robin (Tim Drake)
4 (Pre-Flashpoint) Nightwing / Robin (Dick Grayson)
5 (Pre-Flashpoint) Tempest
6 (Pre-Flashpoint) Golden Eagle
7 (Pre-Flashpoint) Flamebird
8 (Pre-Flashpoint) Miss Martian

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow! I snuck a peek at the list while working (doing overtime now) and it looks like nearly all of us players this round will lose half our lists!

Although at this point, almost any eliminations will be surprising - but preliminary figures show a lot of early fan favorites might go home tonight.

Anywho, I'll tally in a couple of hours - just need to finish a presentation.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
This is stressing me out. :bitesnails:

<--- might be saying "this sh*$ just got real" in a couple of hours.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

You won't have to wait long Peebz, I'm tallying now. Yoiks! I gotta say this is the worst round for my own list ever!

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Round 6 is over!

This might not be the worst bloodbath so far, but it's definitely the most impactful as 5 out of 8 voters lose half their lists in one round.

(Pre-Flashpoint) Nightwing / Robin (Dick Grayson) - 155
(Pre-Flashpoint) Kole - 150
(Teen Titans Animated) Raven - 145
(Pre-Flashpoint) Flash (Wally West) - 133
(Pre-Flashpoint) Captain Marvel Jr. - 131
(Pre-Flashpoint) Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes) - 130
(Pre-Flashpoint) Donna Troy - 130
(Pre-Flashpoint) Lilith / Omen - 125
(Pre-Flashpoint) Robin (Tim Drake) - 125
(Pre-Flashpoint) Dove I (Don Hall) - 122

Bottom 6, going home:

(Pre-Flashpoint) Bumblebee - 121
(Pre-Flashpoint) Flamebird - 120
(Pre-Flashpoint) Miss Martian - 101
(Pre-Flashpoint) Tempest - 95
(Pre-Flashpoint) Red Arrow / Arsenal - 75
(Pre-Flashpoint) Golden Eagle - 30

Wow. Both Bumblee and Arsenal topped the polls in Round 1, and Flamebird and Tempest weren't far behid with one vote less.

We also lose two more wild card returnees in Miss Martian and Golden Eagle.

While everyone left on the list is still pretty popular... I'm still pretty gosh darned surprised.

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

I'm bitter. I just lost 5 out of the only 8 characters I'd wanted to see win this game. [Frown]

Fortunately, I think 1 of my final 3 is still a total lock to win it all but even so, I would have liked to see the others go further.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Round 7 Begins!

Luckily for most of us, now's the chance to soften the blow! Just like in Legion Idol, we're going to get a chance to bring some Titans back.

All Titans we've lost since we formed our Top 24 get a second chance at come back!

For each of the 14 wild card contenders, simply vote YES or NO. Any Titan who has 75% of players vote YES makes it back next round.

I considered setting a cap, but ultimately decided not to do so (like what happened in Legionnaire Idol). If too many Titans come back, we'll just eliminate more next round.

A note of caution - a character you return to the list may very well beat out another of your favorites next round!

The 14 hopefuls:

(Post-Flashpoint) Bunker
(Pre-Flashpoint) Beast Boy
(Pre-Flashpoint) Bumblebee
(Pre-Flashpoint) Dove II (Dawn Granger)
(Pre-Flashpoint) Flamebird
(Pre-Flashpoint) Golden Eagle
(Pre-Flashpoint) Herald (Mal Duncan)
(Pre-Flashpoint) Miss Martian
(Pre-Flashpoint) Raven
(Pre-Flashpoint) Red Arrow / Arsenal
(Pre-Flashpoint) Tempest
(Pre-Flashpoint) Wendy (Proxy)
(Teen Titans Animated) Beast Boy
(Teen Titans Animated) Starfire

This round ends Saturday morning PST (Saturday evening my time).

After that, the plan is as follows:

Round 8 - down to 7
Round 9 - down to 5
Round 10 - down to 3
Round 11 - final round, vote for one!

House Rules

1) Each round will last about 48 to 72 hours, and will end about the same time every time (morning PST).
2) I'll vote at or near the start of every round to eliminate bias on my part.
3) While I don't encourage changing of votes, I won't disallow them either. I'll post on this thread the minute I start tallying to alert everyone; votes/changes that come in after that will be ignored.
4) In case of errors in the results, I'll post a correction immediately. If anyone's vote was affected by the error, and that poster wasn't able to correct the error in time, he or she will get a makeup vote next round - +15 points to give a character of their choosing.
5. Ties will be broken by looking at the accumulated votes characters earned in previous rounds.
6. Voting rules may change every round, so read carefully before posting!

[ September 20, 2012, 09:23 AM: Message edited by: Invisible Brainiac ]

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

^ And now I can. haha

Surprise round IB!

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
I'm bitter. I just lost 5 out of the only 8 characters I'd wanted to see win this game. [Frown]

Fortunately, I think 1 of my final 3 is still a total lock to win it all but even so, I would have liked to see the others go further.

I think I know which of your Final 3 you feel will win. Two of the Titans remaining on your list from last round have been placing high in previous rounds and have accumulated quite a lot of votes!

quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
^ And now I can. haha

Surprise round IB!

This was always part of the plan [Razz] I'll have one of these rounds every Idol game, the only question is the timing - having it close enough to the finale to make players happy, but far enough away not to totally throw the results out of whack.

By the way, this will be the LAST "wild card" round in the game, so everyone better choose carefully - a character you vote back in now might very well usurp the spot of another favorite later on!

[ September 20, 2012, 09:56 AM: Message edited by: Invisible Brainiac ]

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

^ haha I'd edited that comment out IB and now you've saved it for posterity! [Wink]

I thought I'd save talking about my perplexity at that character's popularity until after the game was over.

But what's this about accumulated votes? Is that what determines the overall winner, not just a final vote-off? I haven't really been throwing many votes toward 1 of my 3 thinking they were pretty safe up until now.

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Edited out, Blacula [Razz]

There's nobody left on the "safe" list that I do not like, though there are some I wouldn't be able to accept winning over my own favorites. But there are some on the list of 14 hopefuls whom I really wouldn't want to see return!

Re accumulated votes, oh no. They're only gonna be used to break ties if/when they happen. But I've found accumulated votes can be a somewhat decent indicator of how well a character will do in an Idol type game - then again, the last round will come down to a simple majority. But all rounds before that take into out not only how many voters like a character, but also the degree of popularity - hence the ranking [Smile]

--------------------

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
7 out of 8 of us voted for Flamebird last time, and she still got kicked off. This competition is intense.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

^ That lone person who wanted her gone must be really happy! haha
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.