Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » What's My Line (aside from being a superhero) (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: What's My Line (aside from being a superhero)
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Are you a toy salesman, such as Hal Jordan?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Why yes, I am toy salesman Hal Jordan. And with only 2 no answers, I have won $10.

Your turn Eryk. (although I won't be guessing til tomorrow)

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Actually, it's 3 no answers. The equally likely to use in the home as elsewhere counts as a no, since I asked if it was more likely.

Will the next contestant please enter and sign his or her name?

Thank you. We'll begin our next set of questions with Bennett Cerf. [Wink]

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
(Knowing the WML? fans on LW are, I think it's more like EDE is Bennett, Quis is Arlene and I'm Dorothy, but here goes: [Wink] )

Do you work for a profit-making organization?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I fancy myself more as John Daley.

Eryk from the clips I've seen, when the answer is a "yes and no" it is counted as a yes answer and not as a no answer.

Is there a product associated with this occupation.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

I work for an organization that at least intends to make a profit. [Wink]

There is no specific product associated with my occupation. That's one card flipped.

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Does your occupation put you in the public's eye?

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

Hmm... that's a tough one. Let us say that there exist circumstances under which one in my profession may find oneself in the public eye as a result of one's participation in this profession, though it would not necessarily be the intention of one partaking in this profession to become a public figure.
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
EDE, John Daly would be proud! [Wink]

Is there a service associated with this line?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Hmm... there are aspects of this line that may be described as providing a service, yes.
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Would this service be for an individual on a one by one basis, like say a tutor?

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

Yes, this service would be provided to individuals.
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Is this a useful service, rather than a luxury?

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

Some services that might be provided by the general profession to which I belong would probably be considered as useful, while others might be more of a luxury.

I will note that while the broad organization with which I work does provide various services, my own role in the enterprise is typically fairly remote from those aspects of the organization.

[ November 14, 2012, 10:13 PM: Message edited by: Eryk Davis Ester ]

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Is your occupation what one might describe as a "support" role, such as corporate finance, HR, and the like?

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.