Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » JSA (spoilers)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: JSA (spoilers)
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
spoiler
space

spoiler
space

spoiler
space

spoiler
space

spoiler
space

spoiler
space

spoiler
space

Wow- #50 was quite an issue. It didn't quite wrap up everything nicely-- I think it was decided to extend the storyline another issue (bad choice, IMO)-- but what was there was fun.

I liked that the villains were taken down in the reverse order of their appearing earlier in the series. First Eclipso, then Obsidian, then Mordru (well-- almost...)

It was fun seeing Freedom Fighters and Soldiers of Victory-- though I *do* understand those that felt it got crowded.

I especially loved the Johnny Thunderbolt/Mordru 'smile' scene and dialogue. I think that finally sealed my acceptance of that change for Johnny Thunder, Jakeem and the Thunderbolt. "I smile because I love life..." (Take that grim 'n' gritty only Batman, Lobo, Wolverine fans... [Smile] )

Obsidian's 'rescue' and (hopefully) redemption in the midst of an overdue family reunion was touching, if a bit sentimental.

This family needs some more exploration- either here or in GREEN LANTERN- or THE OUTSIDERS or a Scott family mini-series (where maybe just possibly we'd get to see the Golden Age Harlequin, Molly Mayne again...)

I think SAND will reintegrate at some point and rejoin the cast (at least, I fervently hope so-- he's among my favorite JSAers).

POWER GIRL's origin wrinkles has me intrigued. Maybe this could be explored in a time-tripping crossover with the Legion. Instead of either team traveling to the other team's 'hometime'-- they could both wind up in Earth's distant past-- where a small group of Kryptonions are trying to settle a new colony near the just-sunken Atlantis. "The War Between the JSA and the Legion", anyone?

PG could be half-Atlantean, half-Kryptonian. One of the Legionnaires can have a romance with a mermaid or merman... Stargirl can flirt with Star Boy... Jakeem could develop a crush on KID Q... Jenni and Jay can have a heartfelt reunion...

Wasn't there an 'ultimate sacrifice' mentioned in hype for this issue? I know lots of people think that means Sand, but it actually could be more applicable to Arion...

TN [Invisible Kid]

[ July 12, 2003, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: Mystery Lad ]

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
You know, I haven't read JSA #50 yet, but that is an absolutely BRILLIANT idea to get the Legion and the JSA together.

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I thought Mordru had an interesting line,
"...nature prefers chaos! Disorder is the rule! My rule."
Sounding a bit like the Time Trapper there ...
although he definitely sounded like himself when he said it was his destiny to remake the world in his image.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay I haven't seen anyone mention this here so I thought I'd bring it up. What's the deal with the revelation that it was Mordru who was the force behind Zero Hour? Is this true?
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't recall that revelation. They said that Murdru posessed Hank Hall who later became Extant, but that was for the purpose of bringing a Hawk/Dove child into the world -- one born of both Chaos and Order that he could inhabit.

Sadly, I'm pretty sure the company line is that Zero Hour was still Parallax's doing.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.