Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Hunkalicious Batman

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hunkalicious Batman
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Warner Bros. has announced the next Batman, and it'll be Christian Bale! The 29-year-old has starred in everything "Newsies," from the feel-good newspaper musical of 1992, to "American Psycho."

"Memento" filmmaker Christopher Nolan will direct the movie, which is set to begin filming in early 2004. It's about Bruce Wayne's early adventures as Batman.

"What I see in Christian is the ultimate embodiment of Bruce Wayne. He has exactly the balance of darkness and light that we were looking for," Nolan said in a statement. (Got some of this from AP.) Here's a link to the story at my paper, The Detroit News .

And, even better for many of you out there, here's a hunky picture of him from "Reign of Fire," the feel-good dragon movie of 2002. [Wink]

-

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh God I'm wet!!!!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evil Queen
the eradication of all things good.....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evil Queen   Email Evil Queen         Edit/Delete Post     
Good Lord are you in heat?
Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, Gossamer, you don't know the half of it. You should see him hump our legs... [Wink]

But who can resist someone as cute as Icefire? Love ya, Icey.

--------------------
Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
Wait. I forgot the topic of the thread...

I, for one, am quite excited to see Bale's Batman/Bruce.

--------------------
Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh rokk I love you to!!!! [Love]

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Of the choices I've seen, he was the one I was rooting for (though I still think Wes Bentley would've been good ... maybe as a young pre-Batman Wayne on "Smallville" at least). Bale's teeth still kinda bother me though...
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm, Batman does grimace a lot, so bad teeth could be a problem. I'll just have to keep looking at those smoldering eyes.

I think he'll do a fine job. I never saw "American Psycho," but I thought he had lots of charm in "Midsummer Night's Dream" and charisma in "Reign of Fire" (which I think got unfairly roasted by the critics -- pun intended [Smile] ).

And Michael Keaton did a great job, but Bale will look especially good in and out of the batsuit in all those shirtless training montages.

[ September 11, 2003, 05:15 AM: Message edited by: Suddenly Seymour ]

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Bale was excellent in American Psycho, and did what he could with his character in Reign of Fire. [Wink]

Should make for an awesome Bats!

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
What's wrong with his stomach? That some sort of disease?
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
He has a sex scene with Ewan McGregor in Velvet Goldmine ! Rent it now!
*hic*

From: Gorilla Nebula Pub | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.