Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Queer Eye for the Super-Guy (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Queer Eye for the Super-Guy
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't know how many of you read Wizard but I do. Don't know why, its the comic equivalent of the National Enquirer at times but its fun.

They had a feature in their latest issues which speaks for itself. So without further ado, I present:

-

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
 -
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frog King
The B^|@h is back!!!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frog King   Email Frog King         Edit/Delete Post     
Hilarious!
From: Berlin | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Wait! There's more! [Big Grin]

-

Lightning Lad
Founder

-
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay is all I can think of with the J'Onn one. Did they inebriate themselves before they thought that one up or something? "Most postive looks of everything he's become"? THAT J'Onn's obviously never become much that could be dubbed "positive."

Aquaman needs two things (or more precisely, one thing to have and one thing NOT to have): a beard, and no orange anywhere on his body. I'm sure that could be worked with to give something that doesn't look like he'd sink like a stone if he wore it. Plus how could you swim in something so loose? People kick off their shoes & loose clothing when they enter the water for a reason, just as swimmers all wear skintight suits these days.

In comparison the Luke Cage one is okay, if ever so slightly boring, not least in that its almost a direct copy of Ultimate Nick Fury

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

-
Lightning Lad
Founder

-
Frog King
The B^|@h is back!!!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frog King   Email Frog King         Edit/Delete Post     
Cool! I really like the updated Boomerang!
From: Berlin | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

-
Lightning Lad
Founder

Saving the best for last. May I present The Devourer of Worlds:

-

Frog King
The B^|@h is back!!!

[lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol]
Thanks a lot! My boss just asked me why I was laughing so much!

Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Sanity or Madness?:
Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay is all I can think of with the J'Onn one. Did they inebriate themselves before they thought that one up or something? "Most postive looks of everything he's become"? THAT J'Onn's obviously never become much that could be dubbed "positive."

I agree. Of the bunch, this is the worst. Even worse than Baron Zemo. While J'onn needs updating, this isn't it.

quote:
Aquaman needs two things (or more precisely, one thing to have and one thing NOT to have): a beard, and no orange anywhere on his body. I'm sure that could be worked with to give something that doesn't look like he'd sink like a stone if he wore it. Plus how could you swim in something so loose? People kick off their shoes & loose clothing when they enter the water for a reason, just as swimmers all wear skintight suits these days.

I'd go for the beard, more regal. I like their concept but only for diplomatic purposes. Otherwise I again agree with you. He needs a skin tight suit. One that blends in with his surroundings, greens and blues.

quote:
In comparison the Luke Cage one is okay, if ever so slightly boring, not least in that its almost a direct copy of Ultimate Nick Fury

Which was a rip-off of Sam Jackson as Shaft. Anyone who can't see Jackson in either the Ultimate Fury or this Luke Cage isn't looking hard enough.

[ December 03, 2003, 07:35 AM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Frog Kid:
Cool! I really like the updated Boomerang!

I agree. Boomerang is the best of the lot. Something that I could see actually being used in the books.
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Frog Kid:
[lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol]
Thanks a lot! My boss just asked me why I was laughing so much!

Hope I didn't get you in trouble but I'm glad you got a laugh out of it.

I think I'm going to write in requesting this become a regular feature. Maybe a couple of times a year.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.