Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Would You Like Fries With That Murder? (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Would You Like Fries With That Murder?
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by He Who Wanders:
I don't know how to scan artwork or even own a scanner, but copies of the anthology, Show And Tell, can be purchased here: http://www.kcccn.com/anthologies.htm

My story is only five pages long, but I'm very proud of it. (Title: "Would You Like Fries With That Murder?") It was my first-ever collaboration with an artist, and it worked wonderfully!

The anthology consists of 220 pages featuring 63 KC-area creators -- a must-have for anyone who may be looking for someone to collaborate with, or just for fun. (My second shameless plug in as many days!)

And just to keep this on topic, I am very, very thankful for Mark Stinson, who published the anthology (and who will be collaborating with me on the second anthology), and to all of the creators within, many of whom I've gotten to know personally.

I finally got the above mentioned anthology with our esteemed Deputy Leader's contribution. I've scanned the five pages, as best as I could, and will now present them for your pleasure.

Good job Greg!

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
 -
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

-
Lightning Lad
Founder

-
Lightning Lad
Founder

-
Lightning Lad
Founder

-
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
That's a great story! [Smile]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for posting the story, Scott, and for the compliment. It was a hoot to write. Travis did an oustanding job on the art. (He publishes his own comic called The Foxymoron, in case anyone's interested.)

There's going to be a second anthology next spring. I'll have at least one story in it (maybe two, if a certain collaboration pans out!)

Best news is that anyone can now order Show And Tell # 1 through their comics shop: It's going to be solicited by Diamond in the January Previews!!!!

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

That's cool to hear. And I'll definitely be order the second issue. I actually ordered the combo set, SaT and 24 Hour Comic. And Mark was real generous. He felt he had taken too long in getting them out to me that he also included Void Pulp #1 and #2 for free. Great guy!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
WOW! HWW, that's fantastic!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Great one... Art made me think of Jim Mahfood, and the story was choice. [Wink]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
That's cool to hear. And I'll definitely be order the second issue. I actually ordered the combo set, SaT and 24 Hour Comic. And Mark was real generous. He felt he had taken too long in getting them out to me that he also included Void Pulp #1 and #2 for free. Great guy!

Mark Stinson is a great guy -- he's drawing my story for the second anthology.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
Awesome!!!!!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Obviously, Dr. Seematter didn't hire the right lawyer.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Very cool, HWW! I'm looking forward to the next stories. [Smile]
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.