Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Your 5 CURRENT favorite titles (Page 13)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: Your 5 CURRENT favorite titles
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
OH sorry, looks like the trade is to be published in May!

that cute guy is right!

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Sexcellent! I will buy the trade in May and, if it rocks as hard as you all say, I will already have the subsequent issues in my pull, ready to purchase!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I think you'll have an X-gasm.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

It's been many MANY years since I had one of those... would be nice to experience it again... Cockrum, Byrne, Claremont, Neal Adams (reprints)... I was raised on classic X-gasms...

"Obnoxio the Clown vs. X-Men" was literary genius compared to the last X-Men books I read...

-

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

The villain of said issue was a real flavor of the month called Eye-Scream [Big Grin]

-

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Was his real name Bask N. Robbins?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Obnoxio was a regular feature in CRAZY magazine, so I was already well-acquainted with his particular brand of humor when his X-MEN crossover comic came out!

-

--------------------

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

that clown looks like he's from Calm yo tits' neighborhood.
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

-
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

comics are so good right now so:

1. Scalped
2. Wolvie and the X-Men
3. Unwritten (is so good right now)
4. Powers
5. Shade

Some books I'm watching/enjoying:

Saga (I can't imagine it will go anywhere but up. It would've made the top 5 but Unwritten's finale has bumped it out. )

Powers bumped out Hellblazer as well. I love John Constantine.

Fatale
Daredevil (Although #11 was really a drop in quality IMO, with the guest starring of Spidey and Punisher)

Super Crooks
New Deadwardians

----------------------------

I may jump back into Journey into Mystery with a new story arc. not sure.

iZombie has gotten a little stale. Even though they are working up to a big climax.

Uncanny X-Force has really fizzled for me.

Otherwise I'm getting Uncanny X-Men and the Ultimates but those are really just for fun.

I'm really surprised at how many no superhero comics I'm getting and loving right now. it's such a good time for Vertigo, Image, and the independents.

Some stuff I'm loving but in the trades:

Morning Glories
American Vampire

[ April 27, 2012, 02:09 AM: Message edited by: Power Boy ]

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Just when you think Unwritten can't get any better, the latest issue comes out! Apparently, there is somewhere to from here--and it's going to be even crazier!

I'm surprised others aren't following two contenders for best series: Prophet and Glory! I'm talking CRAZY GOOD. I think I'll start a new thread later detailing how good. The extreme relaunch is the best line wide relaunch since Julie Schwartz and the DC Silver Age. And that's from someone who never followed Extreme before and knows nothing about it besides Alan Moore. I recommend these two comics like I recommend drinking and kinky sex.

Journey into Mystery has been killing it! Damien Hellstrom stopped by for the latest and I realize it's the first time I've liked seeing him in a comic since...well, since before I was born!

Over at Dynamite, the Lone Ranger is utterly fantastic. Anyone who ever enjoyed a western, regardless of tone or style, should try it.

I won't do another top 5 yet, but as Peebs said--comics are so good right now!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:

I won't do another top 5 yet, but as Peebs said--comics are so good right now!

yeah, mine hasn't actually changed much since last month ... the difference is that there are more comics nipping at the heels of my top 5! Hellblazer has already been pushed out ... we'll see next month.
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH's back:
Obnoxio was a regular feature in CRAZY magazine, so I was already well-acquainted with his particular brand of humor when his X-MEN crossover comic came out!

-

You should so post this on you know who's fb page.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I've not updated my list since August 2011, so- 10 months into the DCnU- here we go:

EARTH 2:

I know it's only 2 issues in, but this shiznit kicks ass. There's a really awesome "Supreme Power only BETTER than Supreme Power" vibe going on and I am **TOTES** digging the all-young sorta-similar heroes who will eventually form the JSA! Oh yeah, AND: GAYS!

STORMWATCH:

I am as surprised as you are to see this here, but I am J'LOVING all the weirdness, roster changes, high concepts and backstabbery going on! Plus: gays!!

AQUAMAN:

Mera and Arthur are finally kicking ass in a beautifully-drawn and well-written comic.

THE WALKING DEAD:

# 98 upped the ante for us again, and as usual I am excited about what comes next in the comic that brought us the awesome TV series.

I ZOMBIE:

Allred's art is love as always; I j'adore the gang and will be sad to see the book end. Bonus: GAYS! Gavin and Spot better be having major sex before the end!!!

--------------------

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Shade

Daredevil

Huntess and Power Girl Worlds' Finest

Minutemen (may be my favorite now!!!)

Silk Spectre and Ozymandias tie for 5th. Both first issues were fantastic.

----------------------------

and I really enjoyed Hawkeye number 1.

Wolverine and the X-Men has slipped the past couple months with the all Warbird issue and the tiresome Avengers vs. X-Men tie in.

X-Men Legacy has not been bad lately! I buy it just for the story! (which is like once in a blue moon for me)

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.