Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Your 5 CURRENT favorite titles (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  12  13  14   
Author Topic: Your 5 CURRENT favorite titles
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Flash

JSA

Legion

The Losers

Teen Titans

Fables would be in here if IU read the book monthly...but I'm getting the Trades.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I thought it might be fun to update this and see how tastes may have changed.

So here's my current top 5 (not counting minis, but you can if you wanna) in no particular order...

YOUNG AVENGERS ...Marvel's top book for me currently. Totally rolling with that "All-New X-Men/Perez Teen Titans/New Warriors" this book is a HIT vibe. I've loved every issue so far.

HAWKMAN ...the past 6 months or so have seen my favorite Hawk-stories ever. The current storyline with all the old villains and Golden Eagle has been totally aces.

JSA ...rocking the house as usual.

TEEN TITANS ...no changes here either.

LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES ...It's back, baby.

FALLING OUT OF THE TOP 5...

OUTSIDERS ...that horrid 2-part fill-in knocked it right out of the top 5 for me. That mess shouldn't have seen print. Here's hoping next issue sees a rebound.

SUPREME POWER ...How the mighty have fallen. This book is on my list of ones to drop at the slightest provocation.

FLASH ...Geoff's run ens soon.

CONTENDERS FOR THE TOP 5...

SUPERGIRL ...0 & 1 were a LOT of fun!

JSA CLASSIFIEDS ...ditto.

SHE-HULK 2 ...She's back in October, you know.

ULTIMATES 2 ...Almost makes the top 5. Close, close.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
And if I WERE counting minis, I'm sure that:

THE DEFENDERS

VILLAINS UNITED

and DAY OF VENGEANCE would be way up there.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SouthtownKid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SouthtownKid   Email SouthtownKid         Edit/Delete Post     
- Love & Rockets

- Legion

- errm... Hmm. I guess those 2 were the main ones, although I enjoy a lot of other stuff here and there. Those are the two I am completely unable to wait for a TPB of.

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
The Walking Dead (still #1 on my list)
LSH
Young Avengers
Astonishing X-Men

Hmm. Really can't come up with a fifth one. Those four are about the only continuing titles that aren't on the verge of being dropped for trades or just dropped. If I need a fifth then maybe Batman/Superman, but just barely.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stargazer
One Monkeys Opinion...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stargazer           Edit/Delete Post     
1. Legion
2. JSA
3. Hawkman
4. Teen Titans
5. Manhunter

Should really be a top 10. LOL

--------------------
Looking for Earth Prime.

From: Conroe Texas | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Green Lantern
JLA (Crisis of Conscience arc)
LSH
Young Avengers
Astonishing X-Men

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
Legion
Birds of Prey
Titans
the Outsiders
Robin

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
i guess...

runaways
astonishing x men
lsh
ultimates
planetary

runners up:
house of m
justice
kitty pryde
young avengers

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
At the moment:

Legion
JSA
JLA (current "Crisis of Conscience"
storyline)
Teen Titans
Astro City (since it is finally back)

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's mine:

Top 5
LSH
Teen Titans
Young Avengers
Hunter Killer
Invincible

Honorable Mention:
JSA
Flash
Hawkman
Robin
Ultimate X-Men

Falling Out of the top 5:
Nightwing - the last 8 months have been awful
Outsiders - what a shame, this used to be one I really looked forward to reading each month
New X-Men - seems to have lost it's way. We'll see what the new team does with it.

Rising Stars
Son of Vulcan (DC)
Shadowhawk (Image)

[ August 16, 2005, 03:36 AM: Message edited by: Vee ]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
Mine would have to be. Still I still rather collect trades these are the ones I'm after:

JSA (My love for the Golden Age Heroes knows no bounds.)
Outsiders (I'm optimistic....)
Teen Titans
Superman/Batman
JLA: CoC

Though I have read two other trades recently that were quite good. Green Arrow: Quiver and DC: New Frontier.

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     

5. Birds of Prey

4. Legion Of Super Heroes

3. Young Avengers

2. Teen Titans

1. JSA

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Fables
JSA
LSH
Gotham Central
Jack Staff Iwhen it appears...)

Rex Mundi and Outsiders have dropped off my top 5. I've lost a bit of interest in the former (especially with the artist gone) and the latter's just gone to pot.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
In alphabetical order:

Day of Vengeance
Hawkman
JSA
JSA:Classified
LSH

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  12  13  14   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.