Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Astounding "Spidey 2" poster!

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Astounding "Spidey 2" poster!
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Was anyone else as swept away by delight as I was, upon encountering this image among the many advance posters for "Spider-Man 2"?

I think this almost speaks for itself, but I will say that it puts to rest in my mind any lingering doubts that Kirsten Dunst -- even with a red dye job -- was born to play MJ. (The doubts were at about 50 percent before seeing "Spidey 1," at 10 percent afterwards.)

-

If you like this, go to Art.com and order the poster. It's in the theaters in a new version entitled "Sacrifice" at the top (which is how this is listed in on-line stores), and it uses the opening date of 30 June instead of the film's title.

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Aw Grey, I didn't see this thread yet! The poster looks great, and I agree--Kirsten Dunst has made a great MJ yet, probably the best performance I've ever seen her give.

I've really enjoyed the first movie, and I eagerly await the second!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
There's just something about Kirsten... don't get me wrong, she's way hot, but I guess I think her face is a little too "squat" to pass for the modelicious Mary Jane.

That is a great poster, and I'm psyched about the movie coming out.

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I think Kirsten is a superb actress and I love her playing MJ but it still creeps me out to see her all grown up. I still see her as Claudia in Interview with a Vampire.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
You want something spooky? Rent the intriguing biography/mystery "The Cat's Meow" and see Dunst portray -- and lock on to the essence of -- Marion Davies, underrated film comedienne and mistress to William Randolph Hearst.

She shows the odd facets of what the woman was about, both against and for the interests of her patron, and almost inhabits her (apart from her being a bit shorter than Davies). It's nearly lost against Edward Herrmann, who acts well, but is not a close match for Hearst.

(No, I'm not THAT old. Any "Citizen Kane" maven, though, has picked up almost more than he or she would ever want to know about Hearst and Davies, and the tangled skein connecting them with Orson Welles.)

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I hadn't seen that one, have to look into it. Kane is one of my all-time favorites and probably the classic I enjoy the most. It just doesn't seem to have gotten its best DVD treatment yet and that has stopped me from getting one.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I love her in BRING IT ON! That movie is SO much fun!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.