Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Warlock #1 full preview

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Warlock #1 full preview
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
http://www.popcultureshock.com/reviews.php?id=3210

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I just don't know. A Warlock not done by Starlin just doesn't grab me by the wallet.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, I'm less trepidatious than I was upon the initial solicits, at least... Especially as the real Adam is supposed to make an appearance eventually. I'll check it out.

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

And yeah, Scott, I agree about Starlin. But the sad fact is, I don't see him working for Marvel again anytime soon, what with whatever happened that caused him to leave THANOS... anybody have any info on THAT?

And it's a balancing act for me... I don't want to buy just anything with Adam in it, but I don't want him to fade back into limbo again. [Frown] Freaking Catch-22. [Razz]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
I just Byrned #4 there. Looked okay actually (and it felt like the intended final issue, rather than the going-for-the-record-for-quick-cancellations).

And Pov, the real AW did turn up.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

I bought it. I was somewhat underwhelmed... The "Adam" we were led to believe was the focus of the story turned out to be a coping mechanism of Janie? Even the "real" Warlock's appearance was only in her dream space.

I liked the overall points Pak seemed to be driving at... But the ending just seemed forced to me. The only hint that Janie was actually the Enclave's new "Adam" ("Eve"?) was in one panel of issue one, and that's only in retrospect.

If Janie's going to become a recurring "Her", Marvel's setting up a Supergirl situation here. There are multiples... Her/Eve/Kismet/Janie?

On its own merits, the story was thought-provoking. I just don't see the need for it in the big picture, and using the WARLOCK title was ultimately a deception.

As I said, I was underwhelmed. [Frown]

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.