Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Any recommendations (Page 21)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21   
Author Topic: Any recommendations
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Hawkeye #3

[Superman X - Kell-El] [Superman X - Kell-El] [Superman X - Kell-El] [Superman X - Kell-El] [Superman X - Kell-El]

I'd give six but I don't want to break my brand new rating system.

Kate Bishop makes my knees weak.

[ November 25, 2012, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: Power Boy ]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Masks #1

Dynamite's groovy pulp heroes team-up title takes as its premise a classic Spider story about a fascist takeover of New York, and adds other classic pulp heroes in the mix. The first issue focuses mostly on the Shadow and the Green Hornet (who has come to New York from his native Chicago in pursuit of a criminal), with brief introductions of a not-yet Black Bat and a not-yet Zorro and the Spider himself showing up at the end.

The premise is totally cool, and the book lives up to the awesomeness of the premise. Plus lots of moody-cool Alex Ross pictures.

I give it five collapsing pillars!

[Calamity King] [Calamity King] [Calamity King] [Calamity King] [Calamity King]

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Grabbed that one at the store today. From a "glancing at art alone" standpoint it looks terrific!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:

[Calamity King] [Calamity King] [Calamity King] [Calamity King] [Calamity King]

I LOVE IT!
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
So after a crazy 9 WEEK HIATUS, I went to the CBS and bought half a G worth of comics to catch up. It's kind of overwhelming that I'm this behind. (Reason: moving)

The first series I started with: Hawkeye, by Marvel. Which says a lot since I had a lot to pick from. It may just be the best comic out there right now.

#3 was absolutely fantastic. Flawless writing and art that is chalk full of character, action, humor and chemistry between Kate and Clint. The perfect done in one to start my catching up and I give it the highest recommendation I can give.

#4 saw my favorite Javier Pulido come on for his arc as artist as Fraction does a two parter that throws Hawkeye into Mardipoor and the global villainy of organized crime. And it's also pretty much perfect.

It's hard to explain just how this series in. The dialogue is perfect. The art is stunning. The writing / pacing / direction is crazy tight.

Hawkeye is more of an Everyman than he's ever been...and yet he's more heroic for it, even when he's acting pretty anti-heroic. He gets beat up, robbed, tricked, etc. Like Bogey in film noir or any good crime protagonist, he is incredibly flawed and vulnerable but is always pushing.

But the very best part of the series is the dynamic between Kat Bishop and Clint. The chemistry is just explosive, providing great scene after great scene. It's worth $3.99 *twice* a month for that!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.