Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Walking Dead Army - Recruiting New Zombies (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  33  34  35   
Author Topic: The Walking Dead Army - Recruiting New Zombies
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
This is one of the best books I've read in a long time.

[ May 09, 2007, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Consistently in my top three. When anyone asks for recommendations this books always gets a shout out.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
How do you guys like the art? Charlie Adlard is going to be working on the new WARLOCK title with Greg Pak. I've seen SOME spoilers, but tried to be good... [Wink]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Honestly? I think the new Warlock art sucks. Its probably the colors though. I had no complaints at all about his work on Dead but that was all black and white.

The pages I saw for Warlock just left me cold. Maybe its just because its not Starlin. But they sure didn't want to make me buy the book even though Adlard was doing it.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
The art is fine with me. I love that it's in B&W. No opinion on Warlock...since I won't be getting it anyway.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

I love the B&W aspect of Dead too. I think color would distract from the story. And again, its not a problem with Adlard since his work on Dead was good, if not great. I think its just the new Warlock itself.
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Honestly, I'm not too excited over the upcoming WARLOCK book. But I'm deathly afraid Marvel will mothball the character completely and bring back Douglock, like they tried to do with the M3 line. [Frown] Damned if I support it, damned if I don't.

Sorta like DC Direct's Legion line... [Wink] [LOL]

I'm just glad THANOS got cancelled before Giff got his hands on Adam and the gang...

But the real Warlock is supposed to be appearing in a later issue of the series, and She-Hulk #8.

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Povicho:
[QB]But I'm deathly afraid /QB]

Har har! [Big Grin]

Adlard's art is fine, but I think I preferred the previous (original) artist. A lot of Adlard's faces look kind of the same.

Still, this is one of my favorite books. I was very happy to find a copy of the first TPB when I was visiting Boston. Thanks, Quis, for taking us to that store! [Smile]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Just finished the three trades. The zombie thing put me off getting this book for a long time - I'd flipped through it at the store and all those images of decayed people saying "Gak!" .... [Roll Eyes] However, stories of survival after a civilization-destroying disaster are usually favourites (always looking for suggestions on how to deal with the future), so that finally won over the "Gak" factor.

I really enjoyed it. The greatest disappointment was getting to the last page and knowing there wasn't a volume 4 yet. The characters are well developed, their behaviour is credible and it's interesting to see how they work together (or not) as a group for their survival. I think colour would be superfluous - I didn't really notice it was black and white, in some sense - just reading Dev & Scott's comments about the b&w above reminded me that there wasn't colour.

I still could have done with fewer zombie panels....

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

So, FC, did you ever pick up any more of the trades?
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Trust LL!

Everyone I've given the first trade to has become a fan. It's gotten so I just borrow their trades to read now... [Big Grin]

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

My offer of a free copy of the first trade still stands. I've given one away (still waiting to hear if I've made another zombie) so there are four more to go.

I'm serious. I've already gotten them. If you want to give it a try, PM me your address and a copy will be on the way. All I ask is that you start buying the book (in singles or trades) if you like it or pass along the trade to someone else if you don't.

I've never stumped for a book like this before, not even the Legion. In a little over three years this book has become my all-time favorite.

Lightning Lad
Founder

[Bump]

Need more brainssss..... [Smile]

Three copies left? Whose the next zombie convert?

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 8 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll bite (pun intended).

I always tend to like the zombie movies, why not a zombie comic?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

If you are serious Lash, I will mail you a copy of the first trade ASAP.
  This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  33  34  35   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.