Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Walking Dead Army - Recruiting New Zombies (Page 34)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35   
Author Topic: The Walking Dead Army - Recruiting New Zombies
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Throwing this out because I'm curious what others think.

Put yourself in Negan's (reprehensible) shoes for a moment...

Wouldn't it have made more sense from his perspective to have singled out either Carl or Sophia, as neither one is really much use to him (for all he knows) when it comes to his primary objective (the gathering of possessins that he can take half of)?

I honestly thought Carl or Sophia was going to be singled out. I was leaning more towards Sophia, considering her TV character's fate.

if YOU were Negan-- who would YOU have chosen and why?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by lowercase mllash:
if YOU were Negan-- who would YOU have chosen and why?

Though I can see his logic to an extent, I would have taken out Rick. None of the others present were as dangerous to Negan as he and Michonne. But Rick, particularly is their leader. And though Michonne is deadly, she's never really shown an inclination to lead. I know it's in Negan's interest to break Rick and not make him a martyr, but without him, it's unlikely any of the others in the Community would step up to revolt against Negan's people.

Of course, maybe Negan doesn't know that. But that's who I would've taken out if I were a megalomaniac like him.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
THE WALKING DEAD: MICHONNE SPECIAL
story ROBERT KIRKMAN
art / cover CHARLIE ADLARD & CLIFF RATHBURN
OCTOBER 10
32 PAGES / BW / M
$2.99
This special issue of THE WALKING DEAD presents THE WALKING DEAD #19, featuring the first appearance of Michonne as well as the Michonne origin story that first appeared in Playboy Magazine. Just in time for Michonne’s appearance in THE WALKING DEAD SEASON 3!

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
So yea. Wow. Just wow.

That was tough.

Not sure I'm even ready to talk about it yet. This one hurt.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I know, Des. I'd argue that it HAD to happen, though (see previous page for my reasoning). I wrote the comic a letter defending it and explaining why. I hope it sees print.

But yeah, it hurts.

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
In hindsight I think Kirkman HAD to kill who he did in issue 100. Maybe not that specific character, but any one of the handful who've been among the core group since, well, forever. After a certain character survived what appeared to be certain death last year, it was beginning to look like those characters were invincible. In a world such as this one, NO one is truly safe. To prove it to us and to himself, Kirkman HAD to do what he did in 100 and in the ugliest, most brutal way possible. Otherwise, TWD loses a big part of what makes it appealing.

Undeniably, it hurts a lot for us longtime fans of this book. I honestly don't know who else among the Big Five I would've chosen to die instead. I'm pretty damned attached to all of them. None of them is a safe choice. And that's why it had to happen.

So, a few days later (and I haven't stopped thinking about it) and I agree with Lardy's post on the previous page. TWD was gradually approaching being a 'safe' title that was almost becoming formulaic. Something like this had to happen.

It doesn't make it any less difficult on the readers, for sure. This was probably the hardest moment of the series for me to read thus far, and as we all know, there have been some real tough ones.

It is certainly a turning point though. For the first time in a long while, it feels like the series is unsafe and going in a direction I can't fathom.

I think at the end of the day, this is Robert Kirkman's vision and our opinions on where he takes it should not count for that much. He needs to stay true to it, even if it's damn ugly. In light of his achieving success beyond imagining in the last 12 months, this must be a way for him to reclaim total control of his most important property.

But, man. It sucks. I'm really going to miss that character. I feel like I've lost a friend.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Personally, I do not think Kirkman is done with the terror in this arc..
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

'Formulaic' is the perfect word, Cobie... TWD was absolutely a foot in that doorway already.

But yeah, I agree Dev, we may have seen NOTHING yet.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
grumpy Power Boy will not agree that the Walking Dead is no longer safe and formulaic UNTIL they kill Rick and that little dog of his!

<--- temper tantrum

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

^He's so cute when he throws a tantrum. [Wink]
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I'll actually be shocked if both Rick and Carl escape this arc unscathed...

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

I think the thing about Click Here For A SpoilerGlenn which makes him/her so hard to lose (other than being there so long and the brutal death) is Click Here For A Spoilerthat he was our "everyman" character in the cast. He was someone that we could relate to and who reacted similarly to how we think we might in this extreme situation. The good news is Click Here For A Spoilerhe's still in the show being portrayed by a wonderful actor. Hopefully, Kirkman will let him stick around for a while!

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
Originally posted by lowercase mllash:
I'll actually be shocked if both Rick and Carl escape this arc unscathed...

I'd be shocked if they don't escape (relatively) unscathed. As much of a "no one is safe" notice that latest death was, you could argue that Carl (probably) and Rick (definitely)are THE two main characters of the series. If one of them gets it, you'll TRULY know that anything can happen.

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Lardy (and others who know who we're talking about...

Click Here For A SpoilerI think he did it exactly with that as part of the reason. The character is well represented on television. This gave him a chance to kill a longstanding character in the book...which let's face it, he had to for all the reasons listed above. It also gave him a chance to flex his evil writing muscle to remind us who's boss.

It also gave him a way to shock the hell out of any new readers that may have jumped over from the show. Not sure how many there are, but if you just started reading...even starting at the beginning, how shocked would you be to have Glenn die that soon (for new readers flying through the trades) for you?

That's just my opinion though. Your mileage may vary.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I think the moment to kill Rick has passed. It may come again, but doing so within the next 30 issues just won't have the momentous feeling it should.

So sorry Blacuka & Peebs. I think Rick is here until at least 2017. [Big Grin]

This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.