Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Walking Dead Army - Recruiting New Zombies (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  33  34  35   
Author Topic: The Walking Dead Army - Recruiting New Zombies
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Bri, my order this month was crazy too. A lot caused by the giant HC collecting the first 25 issues of Captain America. Decided it was the one Marvel book I had been enjoying but not giving my money to. Most likely that's the way I'll continue getting the series. On top of that I'm continuing my purchase of each Marvel Classic figure mag. Even at the discount that's about $51 extra a month (assuming four new regular figs and one special collector's). But they are the best looking metal (lead) figures I've ever seen.

And thanks to you both for continuing the Army. To answer Des' question, I'd just gather up the trades and start picking up the floppies in August. I think if you grab trade # 7, scheduled for September, that will carry you through #41. #42 is scheduled to hit the stands in August. Assuming Kirkman keeps on track.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
The Brubaker/Epting Cap Omnibus -is- sweet, especially at 50%off, but I already own the individual issues. As nice as the collection would be on my shelf, it would've pushed my bill decidedly past $200. [Eek!] The only CMFC I was interested in was Nova, though it looks like they're going with his current look...pass. [Wink]

Hopefully, Image will have #25-36 collected in a V.3 hardcover by the time I finish up the first two!

Des, the trades are the way to go for the early TWD stuff... online stores either don't have it or want an arm & a leg for them. They're more reasonable when you get into the mid-20's range and up.

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
The Brubaker/Epting Cap Omnibus -is- sweet, especially at 50%off, but I already own the individual issues. As nice as the collection would be on my shelf, it would've pushed my bill decidedly past $200. [Eek!]

Mine quite a bit more. [Embarrassed]

I was bad in July. I need to cut back next month.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Me, too. As long as we remember to order ATOMIC ROBO. [Wink]
From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
I've found that my comic reading time has gone far south since I started reading more novel type books, but I received a few of The Walking Dead TPBs last Christmas and I've enjoyed them (even though horror comics aren't my bag, baby). Kirkman is a very good writer. I love his Invincible too.

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

From Image's solicits for stuff shipping in November:

THE WALKING DEAD, BOOK 3 HC
304 PAGES
BW
in stores NOVEMBER 7
$29.99

--add $20 to my September DCBS order... [sigh] [Wink] [LOL]

Lightning Lad
Founder

I'm just waiting for the next giant omnibus edition with the second 24 issues. That way I can look like Moses carrying the tablets. Only with zombies. [Big Grin]
Pov

Lookit Scooter in robes, parting the Dead Sea... [Wink]

DCBS is making me wait for the first two HC collections, darn it! I was hoping they'd ship them before they started shipping the rest of my July order; I figured they'd have them in stock as IST implies. [Big Grin] But I guess they keep the two businesses seperate, ergo the different accounts for ordering from each site.

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Lookit Scooter in robes, parting the Dead Sea... [Wink]

[ROTFLMAO]

quote:
DCBS is making me wait for the first two HC collections, darn it! I was hoping they'd ship them before they started shipping the rest of my July order; I figured they'd have them in stock as IST implies. [Big Grin] But I guess they keep the two businesses seperate, ergo the different accounts for ordering from each site.

I thought they were going to be fixing that soon. Could have sworn I got a note or saw a notice on DCBS that soon you'd be able to place IST orders through DCBS with the IST discount shipping.
Pov

Not sure how they're gonna do it, but if you click on the Trade Paperbacks link on the DCBS frontpage, it gives you this message--

"Trade Paperbacks
Up-to-date Trade Paperback listings will be available soon at Discount Comic Book Service.

As always, Trade Paperbacks are available at www.InStockTrades.com. All trades are on sale now at savings of up to 35% off with free shipping on orders over $50.00!"

--------------------

CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
With all this talk of trades and omnibuses (omnibusii?), I just felt it necessary to point out a new issue came out today.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
From Image's solicits for stuff shipping in November:

THE WALKING DEAD, BOOK 3 HC
304 PAGES
BW
in stores NOVEMBER 7
$29.99

--add $20 to my September DCBS order... [sigh] [Wink] [LOL]

Yikes! I guess I'll have to plough through Volume 2 pretty soon then! I've read everything up to maybe issue 40 or so, but I do like rereading those hardcovers when they come out. Not sure why it's taken me this long to get thru #2?

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
DCBS is making me wait for the first two HC collections, darn it!
DOUBLE darn it! the Vol.2 HC's confirmed for my end-of-month stuff shipping tomorrow... but no first hardcover yet! [Mad] :frustrated:

I'll just have to set it aside until the first one arrives... [sigh]

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

You'll just have to fight temptation. [Smile]

Where are the Legion DVD's? They came out today but don't show in next week's shipment. At least not mine.

Pov

That's right! [Frown] I was so caught up in the TWD HC's I forgot the first LSH DVD is due out tomorrow.

[sigh] [sigh]

quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
You'll just have to fight temptation. [Smile]

Yeah... [LOL] I thought about rereading the trade you sent me of the first six issues, then reading 13-24 in the second hardcover, but I don't want to spoil anything...

--------------------

This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  33  34  35   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.