Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » THE HECKLER # 7?!?!?!

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: THE HECKLER # 7?!?!?!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Last night I had a dream that there were SEVEN issues of THE HECKLER, the hilarious and much-missed Keith Giffen-Tom & Mary Bierbaum six issue series.

If only this dream could come true...

And it occurs to me that my dreams could use a little spicing up.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm heckling your unspiciness as I type... [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Probability Pete
Probably

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Probability Pete   Email Probability Pete         Edit/Delete Post     
I have those issues. I think I must reread them next chance I get. I remember loving them.
From: NJ | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Another one we never saw:

THE HECKLER SECRET FILES
November 1998 - By Keith Giffen
This one's a little bit different. The editors have decided that it'll be cheaper to just photocopy the entire series and put it between two covers.

This and other lost Secret Files at: Fanzing "Secret Files for 1998"

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
I have the one with the bushwacker guy. It read like an insane looney toones.

God i miss funny cartoons with cartoon violence that hasn't been sanitized for my protection.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Lash, you should start writing Heckler in Bits, beginning at issue #7! I'll help!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stargazer
One Monkeys Opinion...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stargazer           Edit/Delete Post     
I enjoyed that series..

Lash...dont eat spicey food before bed..the flying buttress may pay a visit..lol

--------------------
Looking for Earth Prime.

From: Conroe Texas | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Lash, you should start writing Heckler in Bits, beginning at issue #7! I'll help!

GREAT SPACE! How did I miss THIS??!?!

I wonder if the offer is still open almost 5 years later??

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Of course it is! Being the hack editor of a fictional comic book line, I always have years-long delays before press releases and actual publciation! [Big Grin]

Please do!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Of course it is! Being the hack editor of a fictional comic book line, I always have years-long delays before press releases and actual publciation! [sic] [Big Grin]

Indeed. Your internal communications are shoddy, especially on the punctuality side of things, and often incomplete [Wink]

And let's say nothing of your proofreading! [Razz]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I used to work for Image Comics in the 90's [Big Grin]
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Guess who's dream has sort-of come true?

Our buddy Dev found some mysterious Giffen cover art labeled HECKLER 7.

I put it up at my Giff-fans page of Facebook and tagged Mary Bierbaum... and LO! Heckler issue 7 now sorta-kinda exists!

You can view the cover image here:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=327960800607299&set=a.164867633583284.39053.141143869288994&type=1&theater

And this screen capture gives the pertinent details:

-

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
HELLS YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
I'm heckling your unspiciness as I type... [Big Grin]

Little did you know, his dream was closer to the truth than Matt Hugging a clown.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
[ROTFLMAO] [Yes]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.