Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Non Freedom Fighter Quality Comics Character you most want to see! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Non Freedom Fighter Quality Comics Character you most want to see!
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
The Red Bee? Ms. America? Tons of others that I'm hoping someone like Eryk or Tamper Lad will post a link to?

I'll tell you mine: Captain Triumph. I thought he was really cool in 'Golden Age' and there seems like tons that could be done with that concept, especially with his ghostly brother being a bit of a jerk.

Updating the concept to take away the 1940's aspect (so Uncle Dan doesn't get mad and stuff) really won't change the main aspects of the character, so I see no reason why that would change things that greatly.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Beside Madam Fatal and Miss America (whom I've already discussed the grooviness of), the Red Torpedo might actually be cool as well. Kind of a modern-day Captain Nemo, basically.

Oh, and here is the link to the listing of Quality characters.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I forgot all about the grooviness of 'the Voice'. I'd love to see someone like Morrison do something with that character!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Eryk, I actually think Calamity King should team up withLady Luck, the who debuted in the Spirit's series and is quite the hottie!
Eryk Davis Ester

Well, I do have a fondness for debutantes!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
It's interesting how several of those Quality characters are good looking individuals that adopt grotesque, ugly looks for their heroic identities.

Joe Hercules looks like he'd be a good forerunner for Obsidian and the Pied Piper.

I hope the upcoming FREEDOM FIGHTERS is a hit and is turned into an ongoing. Maybe some of these characters could turn up there.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

What I'd love to see more than anything is a Quality Comics anthology, with the Freedom Fighters (preferably set on "Earth-X") as the lead feature and back-ups featuring other Quality characters.
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I think Miss America is now counted as being in the Freedom Fighters, but I'd still like to see something done with the character. Of course, I liked her in the Justice Society, but that's an argument for another day.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
Does Firebrand count? It would be cool to see this character updated based on the original or his sister.

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
armsfalloffboy
huh?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for armsfalloffboy   Email armsfalloffboy         Edit/Delete Post     
There are a lot more cool characters in the Quality stable than I ever realized...and I never knew how many of the characters from Golden Age were Quality characters.

--------------------
The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Looking over that list again, I notice the presence of KID ETERNITY.

Wouldn't it be cool to have him guest star and 'call up' the original FFer's to meet/confront/inspire their replacements?

What Quality characters would you like to see appear with the Freedom Fighters? Too late for the mini, I guess. I'm hoping there'll be an ongoing. Though a sequence in BRAVE AND THE BOLD could work, too.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Madame Fatal might be interesting.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Cobie, Captain Triumph stands out for me. But besides the FF the others don't.

I would love to see somebody tell a great gritty story with the Blackhawks.

I would like to see some more Kid Eternity and his wierdness.

That's about it. [Smile]

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

The more I think about the Quality Characters, I wish they'd be on a completely different Earth than the main DCU.

The main DCU is too crowded already and I like the 'quirkiness' of most of the Quality characters. Besides Capt. Triumph, 'The Voice' is the one that really jumps out at me still.

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
The more I think about the Quality Characters, I wish they'd be on a completely different Earth than the main DCU.

The main DCU is too crowded already and I like the 'quirkiness' of most of the Quality characters. Besides Capt. Triumph, 'The Voice' is the one that really jumps out at me still.

They were before Crisis. As were the Fawcett heroes.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.