Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Pick 2 New Comics For Me!! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Pick 2 New Comics For Me!!
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
I have room for 2 new series I am not currently reading and I am gonna let you guys/gals pick them for me.

Polling is not enabled in this forum. This poll is inactive.

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reep           Edit/Delete Post     
icefire, I only voted for one because it's the only one whose recent work I've read and enjoyed.

[Chameleon Boy]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
there was only 2 on that list that i read, so i picked them !!!

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Thanks Matthew!!!! Boy you sure are cute.

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by icefire:
Thanks Matthew!!!! Boy you sure are cute.

don't start my Ultra Blushing [Embarrassed] ......

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

And friendly too!!!!!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
A very intriguing poll, Icefire, and I hope you like whatever we end up picking for you.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Things are looking good for at least one series!!!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Like the new avatar!

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Thanks Ice/Fire Yin/yang it kinda fit it also matches one of my tattoos

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
It's a shame that Powers, Hellboy: Weird Tales, Planetary, and Wildcats 3.0 aren't in your list.

I'd have voted for them... [Wink]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

I already read Powers, Planetary and Wildcats. But Maybe I should try Hellboy. Sell me on it!!!!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm enjoying H-E-R-O, but the art quality does vary a bit... as though the artist gets a bit tired toward the end of each issue. It's definitely on my new and revised pull list, though...

(The other title I would have recommended -- if not for the fact that it's been cancelled! -- was Doom Patrol.)

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Hellboy? What's not to like?

A complex and engaging main character (Hellboy himself), with a wide variety of interesting supporting cast members. Classic sensibilties inspired by Lovecraft and other pulp era fiction. Nazis, Giant Apes, Rasputin the Mad Monk, and Frog-Men. World-Wide conspiracies, the occasional threat of apocalypse, and an X-Files style team itching to investigate it all. Hellboy has it all.

At the moment Hellboy's available only in the pages of Hellboy: Weird Tales, which is a book opening the Hellboy doors to writers and artists other than Mike Mignola, the creator of the character. Most of the stories have been great; some quirky, some creepy, some moody. Art has been of wide variety of styles, from pluch Cassady 'watercolours' to stylised Andi Watson cartoons. Good stuff tho!

And the Hellboy stories are available in about four TPBs, each with a major story arc. They're awesome stories of a blue-collar hero who just wants to relax, but keeps getting forced to save the world or prevent others from using him to end it.

And HB's gonna be a movie from Del Toro (Blade) next year. Better to get in on the ground floor before Dark Horse jacks all the TPB prices up... [Wink]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
I could only recommend one of the books listed. PLEASE tell me you didn't list INHUMANS because you're already getting it-- !!
From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.