Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Current Pull List (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: The Current Pull List
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
So, with some of us dropping titles, what is the state of your current pull list? I was just working on mine since DCBS updated with the current Previews and these are the titles on my current pull list:

WALKING DEAD
FALLEN ANGEL
JONAH HEX
SUPERGIRL
TEEN TITANS
WARLORD
SUPERMAN BATMAN
TESTAMENT
SUPERGIRL AND THE LEGION OF SUPER HEROES
SECRET SIX
ASTONISHING X-MEN
SHE-HULK 2
ALL NEW OFF HANDBOOK MARVEL UNIVERSE A TO Z
MOON KNIGHT
LAURELL K HAMILTON'S ANITA BLAKE
BATTLESTAR GALACTICA
ARCHIE DOUBLE DIGEST
BETTY & VERONICA DOUBLE DIGEST
JUGHEADS DOUBLE DIGEST

Including two each of 52 (there are five issues in August) and two of SLoSH I'm spending less that $55 before shipping on my books each month. That's down from nearly $200 a month a little over a year ago when I was still buying from a local shop.

1 IDW title, 1 from Image, 1 Vertigo, 8 from DC, a whopping 4 from Marvel, 3 from Archie and 2 indies. Twenty books a month, about a low as I've gone while actively collecting. But that only averages out to about $2.75 a book.

This doesn't include any specials or one of's that I may get sometimes, just my regular pulls. But I'm still far beneath what I was spending in 2004/2005.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Actually, counting the double issues, I'm only spending about $1.82 a title. Far less than the average cover price.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

And just to make me spend more money, I added three more titles after going through the Previews for August.

Fevre Dream - An adaption of George RR Martin's vampire novel. Just a preview now, not sure when the series will start.

Edgar Rice Burroughs' A Princess of Mars - A five issue mini of the first novel of ERB's John Carter of Mars series. My most loved series of novels growing up. Gotta have it.

CSI: Dying in the Gutters - I had forgotten about this one until seeing it again in Previews. Any comic that combines CSI, a comic convention and the 'death' of Rich Johnston deserves to be added to my pull list. [Smile]

And there were two new Showcases from DC for August too. One for Batman and one for Challengers of the Unknown. But both were at a 50% discount making them only $8.49 each. Plus I've gotten every one so far and there wasn't one scheduled for July so I can justify two this month.

[ June 01, 2006, 09:04 AM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Aquaman
Birds of Prey
Creeper
Green Arrow
Hawkgirl
Ion
Jonah Hex
Legion of Super-Heroes
Nightwing
Secret Six

X-factor
Cable & Deadpool

Cyberforce
Casefiles- Sam & Twitch (Andreyko’s writing it)
MouseGuard

I’ll be routinely checking on the marquee titles (Bats, X-Men, etc) through their trades. It’s not like they need my money; plus trades are cheaper. That cuts out about half my list, saving me money and leaving me room for a few other titles.

By the by Scott, did you get Marvel’s Poe adaptation?

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
My pull list is embarrassingly small:

SLOSH

To which will eventually be added:

Justice League of America

And possibly:

Wonder Woman
The All-New Atom
Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters

I just don't have the disposable income these days.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Funny, I just changed/updated my pull list last week at my comic shop. Here's what it looks like as of now:

S&LSH
Teen Titans
Robin
Outsiders (this is on the bubble. I'm giving it 2 more issues to convince me to keep it)
Nightwing (teetering on the brink of extinction! I'm month to month on this one.)
Ion (6 issue trial)
Blue Beetle (6 issue trial)
Bludhaven mini ==> Freedom Fighters
Secret Six (6 issue trial)
Checkmate (6 issue trial)
Shadowpact (6 issue trial)
Invicible
Hunter Killer (if it ever publishes again)
Vice (if it ever publishes again)
Young Avengers
New Mutants / Academy
Ultimate X Men

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by CJ Taylor:
Creeper

I'm picking up the first issue, especially since it is a Niles book but haven't officially added it to my pull list yet.

quote:
Originally posted by CJ Taylor:
By the by Scott, did you get Marvel’s Poe adaptation?

Oh yeah. If it is Poe (Poe and Burroughs, the two Edgars, are always on my search list when I go through Previews) I'm getting it. The first issue just came in with my mid-May shipment but I haven't read it yet. Probably this weekend. I enjoyed Richard Corben's "Fall of the House of Usher" that Creepy(?) put out way too many years ago and was glad to see him doing this adaption too.

[ June 01, 2006, 10:26 AM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I picked up the first issue. It wasn't bad, but I'm not use to seeing Poe done creepy. I always thought he was more psychological than creepshow. With only 3 issues, I'm in til the end.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Off the top of my head:

Fantastic Four
Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe
Young Avengers

Supergirl
Battle for Bludhaven
52 (for now)
Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters (might depend on how BFB turns out)
The Blue Beetle (for now)
Justice Society of America
Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes
Teen Titans

Magician: Apprentice
Laurell K Hamilton's Anita Blake

Seems like I'm missing some stuff, but I'm not sure what.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
CSI: Dying in the Gutters - I had forgotten about this one until seeing it again in Previews. Any comic that combines CSI, a comic convention and the 'death' of Rich Johnston deserves to be added to my pull list. [Smile]

<singsongs> And WEEEE know THE col-or-ist... [Wink]

Go, Ronda. Go, Ronda. [Big Grin] <Pov-vage Patch Dance>

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mon-el
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mon-el   Email Mon-el         Edit/Delete Post     
My Pull list as of the moment.

All Star Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder
All Star Superman
Superman/Batman
Warlord
Jonah Hex
JSA
Superman
Birds of Prey
Batman
Catwoman
Blue Beetle
Green Lantern
Hawkgirl
Supergirl
Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes
Teen Titans
Secret Six
Aquaman Sword of Atlantis
Robin
JSA Classified
JLA Classified
Green Arrow
Shadowpact
Manhunter (soon to be gone)
Action Comics
Detective Comics
Nightwing
Firestorm The Nuclear Man
Batman Legends of the Dark Knight
Justice
Sgt Rock: the Prophecy

upcoming Dc that will go on the list:

Seven Soliders (Finally #1 comes out soon)
The Flash: The Fastest Man Alive
The Atom
Wonder Woman
Justice Society of America
Green Lantern Corps

Vertigo
Bite Club: Vampire Crime Unit
Y The Last Man

Marvel
The Amazing Spider-Man
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man
Sensational Spider-Man
Captain America
Ms. Marvel
Exiles
Moon Knight
Runaways
Ultimate X-Men
Ultimate Spider-Man
Ultimate Fantastic Four
Ultimates
Ultimate Extinction
Ultimate Wolverine vs The Hulk
Fantastic Four
Four
Astonishing X-Men
Squadron Supreme - on the chopping block
The Incredible Hulk
The New Avengers
Young Avengers
She-Hulk
Spider-Girl (soon to be gone)

Moonstone
The Phantom

Dynamite
Red Sonja
The Lone Ranger (soon to be added)

[ June 01, 2006, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: Mon-el ]

From: West Virginia | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Ah! Forgot to post mine:

DC
AQUAMAN (yes, Aquaman)
CATWOMAN
SUPERGIRL AND THE LEGION OF SUPER HEROES
BIRDS OF PREY
JUSTICE SOCIETY of AMERICA
MANHUNTER (To the bitter end... [Frown] )
SECRET SIX
U.S. & the FREEDOM FIGHTERS
All-STAR SUPERMAN
DESOLATION JONES
EX MACHINA
JONAH HEX
FABLES
LOVELESS

MARVEL
ASTONISHING X-MEN
RUNAWAYS
SHE-HULK
BOOK OF LOST SOULS
CAPTAIN AMERICA
NEXT WAVE
EXILES
X-FACTOR
YOUNG AVENGERS
KABUKI

Indies
MOUSE GUARD [Love]
ROCKETO [Love] [Love]
FALLEN ANGEL [Love]
FELL [Love]
INVINCIBLE
CSI:DitG [Smile]

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Iron Man
Green Lantern
X-Factor
She-Hulk
Powers
Nextwave
Daredevil
Birds of Prey
The New Avengers
Young Avengers
Squadron Supreme
Supergirl & the Legion of Super-Heroes
Astonishing X-Men
Moon Knight
Captain America
Annihilation: Nova
Thunderbolts
Civil War
Ultimates 2
Ultimate Extinction
JSA
BPRD

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

All-Star Superman should be on my list as well. But since there hasn't been one scheduled in the last couple of Previews it didn't come up on my pull list.
Mon-el
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mon-el   Email Mon-el         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Drake,

You reminded me of 3 more.

Ultimate Extincion
Ultimates
and Ultimate Wolverine vs The Hulk

From: West Virginia | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.