Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Current Pull List (Page 17)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18   
Author Topic: The Current Pull List
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH's *glare*:
No, Young Avengers is the only Marvel comic I'm reading currently.

That, Avengers Academy and X-Factor are now my only three Marvel titles.

With Young Avengers: Children's Crusade, the writer is dancing around a level of pandering that borders on fanfic. Wanda is back, and not to blame for what happened. Ant-Man is back. Rictor has his powers again. There are scenes that seem to written entirely to pander to fans of the Wiccan/Hulkling romance. It *reads* like a fanfic.

And yet, I don't mind.

It's not the egregious sort of pandering that I saw in Mighty Avengers, where pretty much everyone in the universe (including Eternity, the sentient embodiment of the universe itself!) had to show up and regale us with how awesome Pym was. It's just sort of a 'feel-good' comic, for me, and while so many other titles are bumbling around deconstructing characters and tearing stuff apart, Children's Crusade seems to be working at *building* stuff and fixing stuff that's broken.

It's kind of refreshing, really, like a glimmer of light at the end of a dark, dark tunnel we've been stuck in for two decades now.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Assuming the ending maintains these changes that correct past mistreatments, the LSH equivalent of CHILDREN'S CRUSADE might be ADVENTURE 350-351, which is probably my all-time favorite LSH tale.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Probability Pete
Probably

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Probability Pete   Email Probability Pete         Edit/Delete Post     
hi. i read children's crusade. i liked it. great art.
From: NJ | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
Today I dropped 6 of the DCnU titles from my pull list.

Action Comics
Batman
Green Lantern: New Guardians
Justice League
Superman
Wonder Woman

I've read all of these since issue #1. It's not that there's anything wrong with them. I just decided there are better ways to spend my time and money.

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Okay so I finally might have my pull down to reasonable post-DCnU levels.

I am still getting:

SUPERMAN
BATGIRL
JUSTICE LEAGUE
JL DARK
JL INTERNATIONAL
CATWOMAN
LSH
LLOST
TEEN TITANS
SUICIDE SQUAD
STORMWATCH
AQUAMAN
THE WALKING DEAD
MORNING GLORIES
IZOMBIE

..that I recall off the top of my head. There may be a couple I am forgetting.

I also added SUPREME for the nonce.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

^DCCP for the CHALLS arc; future issues to be determined by who is in them.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
*gulp*

Don't forget to read the copy of Saga #1 Rhino sent you and then add it to your pull! The second issue comes out in May and will probably sell out quicker than a Justin Bieber concert!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Will do! ALSO to do: Check out the X-book you recommend!

--------------------

kenaustin
4/28/37 - I miss you, momma - 6/13/11

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenaustin   Author's Homepage   Email kenaustin         Edit/Delete Post     
My annual June 16 pull list update, one year, one month, and 2 days later...

DC, Vertigo, Wildstorm
CARTOON NETWORK BLOCK PARTY
FAIREST
FABLES
LEGION LOST
LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES
LOONEY TUNES
SAUCER COUNTRY

Marvel
No Marvel since Young Avengers stopped [Frown]

Image & Others
HYPERNATURALS
MANHATTAN PROJECTS
MIND THE GAP
MORNING GLORIES
SAGA

Trade Paperbacks
HOUSE OF MYSTERY
LOCKE & KEY
WALKING DEAD

--------------------
kenaustin's korner - Legion Magic

From: Louisville, Ky | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Lance, love to hear your thought on Mind the Gap, Manhattan Projects, Saga and Morning Glories, which are 4 titles I love.

Also, just read Hypernaturals #1 TODAY and was really impressed. At last: DnA unfiltered!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Trimming a bit. Lone Ranger will be trades at this point. I'll wait patiently for them.

DC Comics
-----
Legion of Super Heroes
Legion Lost
The Flash
Animal Man
Swamp Thing
Worlds Finest
Earth 2

Finishing Shade as well.

-----
The Walking Dead
Chew

IDW
-----
Ghostbusters

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Cut a bunch of the New (now old) 52 books. I'm sick of The Joker, so Batman got cut in anticipation and I was on a roll so got rid of Batwoman, Catwoman, Aquaman, Wonder Woman. I'll keep Green Arrow for a few more issues just because Nocenti's stories have been sort of interesting, although I find the lead character totally uninteresting at this point.

There just didn't seem to be much going on in each issue compared to how these books started out.

That leaves:

Legion of Super Heroes
Legion Lost (don't love it, but sticking with it)
Stormwatch
Demon Knights
The Hypernaturals
The Massive (only 1 more issue)
Fables (getting iffy)
Fairest (also getting iffy)
20th Century Boys (manga)

in trades:
Chew
ordered Saucer Country and Saga

So that frees up some $ for something new and individual graphic novels.

I'm sort of disappointed with the New 52. There was a lot of variety at the start, but the stories seem to be falling into the standard superhero over-extended battles.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Up to six titles, idly considering adding one or two if something interesting catches my eye. (I'm thinking about taking another look at Red Hood & the Outlaws, to see if it's gotten better, for instance, and depending on how this new Cyberforce relaunch works, checking it out.)

Legion of Super-Heroes
Legion Lost (which I'm buying out of sheer stubborness, since it feels like it's been circling the drain since day one, and just refuses to fall away)
X-Factor
Avengers Academy
Teen Titans (which, at this point, I'm buying mainly for the art, 'cause I'm shallow)
Hypernaturals

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I forgot, I'm also keeping Red Hood & the Outlaws. I love its classic comicy outlandish action and the feel-good devotion of the three to one another.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Fat Cramer pushed me over the edge and I picked up the last two issues of Red Hood & the Outlaws. It's pretty cool, and I think I'll keep grabbing it for awhile! Thanks FC!
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.