Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Current Pull List (Page 18)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18   
Author Topic: The Current Pull List
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Due to some circumstances, I no longer have an official pull list. I have a lot of comics to catch up on in my current box, and I will continue with a handful of series. But overall, I am pretty much done with comics. Focusing what little money I have for fun on movies and stuff for the kids.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
^ Another one bites the dust.

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leather Wolf
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leather Wolf   Email Leather Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
As a die hard Legion fan, my pull list only has two titles on it:

Legion of Super Heroes
Legion Lost

Although I must admit I pull out my old Atari Force collection from the mid 1980's for a great sci-Fi read.

From: South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Despite my growing dissatisfaction, my list hasn't shrunk much, although I did find my self hoping Legion Lost and Frankenstein get canned in the next round, which is probably a sign I should do it myself. Swamp Thing and Animal are also dangerously close to the chopping block too. Stormwatch bought itself a reprieve with a few good issues but Milligan really needs to get a handle on what he wants to do with Red Lanterns (though the zero issue was decent). Most of the others I'm still enjoying, although Demon Knights is still hit or miss.

Action Comics
Happy
Batman Inc.
Hellblazer
Stormwatch
Red Lanterns
Legion of Super-Heroes
Legion Lost
World's Finest
Dial H
Demon Knights
Frankenstein Agent of SHADE
Animal Man
Swamp Thing

And the kids get:

Superman Family Adventures
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic Universe

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay...got a new list.

The Walking Dead
Saga
Ghostbusters
Threshold
The Shadow: Year One
FF (maybe F4)
LSH

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

I may also check into Journey into Mystery for the Sif story to see if it's appropriate for Hannah. She liked her in the movie Thor.
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dev - Em:
Okay...got a new list.

The Walking Dead
Saga
Ghostbusters
Threshold
The Shadow: Year One
FF (maybe F4)
LSH

Chew gone again? [Frown]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Way behind on it right now. I may fill in and then go the trade route. Depends. I will catch up with it sooner or later.
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's what I gave to my comic book guy this week:

 Fashion Beast

Dark Horse
• Angel & Faith
• Billy the Kids Oddities
• Buffy
• Colder
• Conan the Barbarian
• Creep
• Massive
• Star Wars (new Brian Wood series)

Dynamite Entertainment
 Lone Ranger
 The Lone Ranger: Snake of Iron

IDW
 High Ways (John Byrne)

 America's Got Powers
 Bedlam
 Black Kiss II
 Change
 Chew
 Clone
 Comeback
 Fatale
 Great Pacific
 Happy
 Invincible
 Mara
 Mind the Gap
 Morning Glories
 Peter Panzerfaust
 Revival
 Saga
 Storm Dogs
 Thief of Thieves
 Walking Dead
 Where is Jake Ellis

Oni Press
 Stumptown V2

DC Comics
 American Vampire
 Batman
 Before Watchmen: Minute Men
 Detective Comics
 Fables
 Legion of Superheroes
 Punk Rock Jesus

Marvel
 Amazing Spider-Man
 Daredevil
 Hawkeye

***Should cover from now thru February. Lots of speculating on the new Image relaunches. A couple of the solicits, like Nowhere Men, didn't interest me enough to reserve.

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Impressive list, sir! As usual, you've got your finger on the pulse of the very best of what's going on in comics.

A few random thoughts:

Also grabbing Change myself from Image. Ales Kot impressed me with Wild Children and I think he's going to be a real fresh voice in comics.

I actually *am* getting Nowhere Men (Image). The visual design that I've seen so far was very good, and I just really like Eric Stephenson 'the person'. We'll see if I like him as a writer.

Like you, I'm full time collecting Punk Rock Jesus (Vertigo) which has been too awesome for words.

How's the Creep from Dark Horse been? This was one I hemmed and hawwed about in the CBS but ultimately passed on. I do like Arcudi.

Byrne's art for High Ways (IDW) looks mesmerizing.

Glad you're grabbing Where is Jake Ellis! I'm also definitely grabbing Mara, Great Pacific, Storm Dogs and Bedlam. I was leaving Clone as a 'decide on the spot buy'.

I considered Multiple Warheads from Image but didn't reserve it. I haven't been to the CBS in over a month. So now I probably missed the small window to get it (if my CBS even ordered it) and ultimately will just pass.

How's Fashion Beast?

No Free Cyberforce issues? I'm grabbing them because their free and will give them the chance to draw me in. I would never think of getting it if it wasn't free though.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

I eventually picked up the free Cyberforce issue because the price couldn't be beat (right? [Smile] )and because you said some kind words about it. Haven't read yet but will eventually.

I may still pick up Nowhere Men if the reviews are good but having Stephenson writing it was the main reason to not have it in the pull. He's a great comics exec, but I'm skeptical about him as a writer. Seems he scripted some of those early Liefeld abominations for Image, too, so that's a minus if I'm right.

Many of those other upcoming Image books seem worth a look for one reason or another, even if some of their creative teams are unfamiliar. I don't want to miss the next big thing from Image!

Haven't read the first Fashion Beast issue yet, but it IS Alan frickin' Moore, and the reviews have been VERY good! It's based on an unproduced movie script he wrote. So while he didn't script it for this adaptation, it's apparently very faithful. the art looks great, too.

(Fuck! I just realized I left Saucer Country off the list! Still grabbing that one and still enjoying. The first of a two-parter I just read in which Cornell details some stuff about America's UFO/alien abduction thru one of the characters is eye-opening!)

I read Creep #0 the other day. So far...so good! Kind of a noirish book that really drew me in. When I read another issue, I'll give a deeper analysis.

--------------------

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.