Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Marvel's X-verse (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  23  24  25   
Author Topic: Marvel's X-verse
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
No offense, but I don't like Morrison's run.

But if I find Evolution available for rent, I might give it a chance.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I still haven't been able to find a copy of X-Men: Emperor Vulcan # 3 (I didn't have it on my pull list because I never expected to get into the story the way I have.)

But I'm not giving up.

--------------------

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I got #3 and it was pretty good. Havok starts thinking like the leader HE is. Art looks pretty good as well.

It will be interesting how this pans out.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Stealth:
I still haven't been able to find a copy of X-Men: Emperor Vulcan # 3 (I didn't have it on my pull list because I never expected to get into the story the way I have.)

But I'm not giving up.

I was at my store yesterday, and they had plenty of copies of number #3. Would you like me to pick one up for ya when I go back today? (Apparently new comics didn't ship yesterday.)
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

That's very sweet of you, CJ, but I finally found a copy last night. Thanks anyway. [Smile]

So far, I've just skimmed through it. I was disappointed that the Imperial Guard just stand around silently, and that the Chancellor's Guard are taking away panel space from them.

Still a pretty good space opera, and I like the way Polaris is being written.

--------------------

Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Stealth:
I like the way Polaris is being written.

I know, right? Shocking after her mistreatment under so many other X-writers. Lord. And here I thought I'd never not loathe her again.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

The only other time I can think of that she was well-written was during Peter David's short-lived first run on X-Factor. Although even there, she was my least favorite member. Um...yeah...

--------------------

Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Checking out the March solicits... a veritable flood of eXcrement. Is Marvel trying to singlehandedly spark off another 90's implosion with all this crap?!

With Whedon and Cassaday's Astonishing wrapping up and David's X-Factor bogging down with X-overs, I may just finally be done with all things "X". [sigh]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Keep the faith in X-Factor. In a few weeks, it'll be back to its normal delightful self after its final x-over issue.

Hmm. Maybe I should change my status to "Legion World's Official X-Factor Cheerleader."

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

I made a quick decision, and I did.

X-FACTOR, X-FACTOR, RAH RAH RAH!!

--------------------

Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Stealth, I <3 you. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Ditto. [LOL]

I guess I'm just annoyed that, as great as PAD and X-FACTOR is, he's not given the same space Whedon and Cassaday were on ASTONISHING to do their own thing, uninterrupted by the X-over du jour. But I'm already in for 27&28-- one of the dangers of ordering two months in advance-- so I'll wait it out and give PAD the benefit of the doubt. [Wink]

(Can I get a pic of you in your X-Factor cheerleader outfit...? [Love] [Big Grin] )

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Thank you, Cali and Pov. And I [Love] you both.

X-M: EV # 4 is proof of the old saying "be careful what you wish for," because Nightside actually gets a word balloon but unfortunately what she says is "The Earther mutants should die in fire." [sigh] Otherwise, it's still a decent space opera, and the solicitations for the next (and final) issue seem to promise that Polaris will finally get her chance to shine after 40 years as she single-handedly battles the Imperial Guard.

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Polaris didn't get her chance to shine.

And this is just the latest storyarc to not have a real ending. [Mad]

Click Here For A SpoilerVulcan takes all the heroes except Lilandra prisoner, and gets the Shi'ar on his side...and that's it for now.

I have a hard time resisting space opera (though I haven't bought anything from Annihilation or Annihilation: Conquest.) So wherever this story continues, I'll read it in the comic shop -- then if it has no ending, I won't have wasted $15.

--------------------

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, the lack of resolution is annoying.

But I still enjoyed this mini- though it could've been *so* much more.

I wish they'd left Korvus out and had Rachel fall in love with an Imperial Guardsman-- whose conflict over siding with the Starjammers would've been more interesting. And maybe a friend or too would've 'defected' with him.

There was no way *all* the IG could've been featured during five issues, but it would've been nice if one or two were shown with distinct personalities and/or points of view. They can't all be as mindlessly loyal as Gladiator.

Or can they?

Of course, Lorna's role sounded much more important in the solicits than it actually was in the comic.

She pretty much ended up being the muse or inspiring force for Alex.

That said, the trust and knowledge of each other between the couple was evident and done in such a way that the reader wasn't hit over the head with it, IMO. Her communication to him ("this can only end one way") delivered by proxy directly lead to the climactic moment of the series.

Though I wish we'd been told what was next for the cast, there've been hints that there are 'plans'. (There were plans for follow-up SILENT WAR, too, though- so that doesn't mean much.)

The conclusion of the story proper, though not the final image of the mini (which went over my head), was a good one. Havok, Polaris, Raza and Ch'od (such a gem of a character- I'll miss his lines) are in chains on steps in front of a dais on which Vulcan is enthroned, the Imperial Guard and various Shi'ar functionaries surrounding him.

I really want to know what happens next. Which is a good thing. Unless the wait is too long.

I like Vulcan more than many readers. I wonder if he'll have contact with Havok in whatever time elapses before we see this setting again? Is it at all possible that getting to know his brother over time might change Vulcan at all? He is just a kid in an adult's body, after all.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  23  24  25   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.