Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Legion archetypes in Astro City

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Legion archetypes in Astro City
RED-001
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED-001   Email RED-001         Edit/Delete Post     
Could you imagine a Legion-like group in the pages of Kurt Busiek's Astro City? If there was what would that team be called?

In fact,is anyone familiar with Astro City?

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Along with a few other rough Legion or JLA analogues, Kurt Busiek's creation already has a sort-of-Dawnstar, Winged Victory. Which always pleased me.

I've thought "Astro City" had its greatest strengths, though, in showing individuals or smaller groups going up against their surroundings or others' expectations. It's hard to imagine a genuine team in that setting.

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Multitudinous Para-Normal Adventurers?

The Multitude (for short) was/will be founded by The Lightning Conductor, Metagalactic Boy and Heliocentric Girl.

A vast legion of unusually powered teenagers in the far future that frequently travel through time in their time footballto taunt Samaritan and "tag" futuristic grafitti throughout present day Astro City.

Currently the monster known only as Crediblus and his/it's ally Brilliant Green Queen are being held in Astro City's Juvenile Detention Center under suspicion of an illegal use of a trademarked bat-like symbol.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

The Multitude's first appearance in Astro City #247 caled Samaritan's Three Super Boy Friends was a series of unfortunate gay jokes about Samaritan's secret pertsonality being a "closeted fact checker". This first appearance, luckily for Busiek, came during an election year when homophobia was at an all time high. The issue sold out nineteen printings becoming the most collected comic of all time and attained the dubious distinction of becoming the only mainstream comic book ever endorsed at a Republican National Convention.
From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

No?
Well, I thought it was amusing. Ya gotta admit, at least the name was clever.
Hmmmph.

Ok then, somebody else do an Astro-esque take on the Legion then.

C'mon, I dare ya.

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
[ROTFLMAO]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Greybird:
Along with a few other rough Legion or JLA analogues, Kurt Busiek's creation already has a sort-of-Dawnstar, Winged Victory. Which always pleased me.

Maybe I'm confused because I haven't read AC in years, but I thought Winged Victory was an analogue of Wonder Woman.

[ June 17, 2005, 04:49 AM: Message edited by: ferroboy ]

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.