Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Amethyst of Gemworld/Sword of Sorcery

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Amethyst of Gemworld/Sword of Sorcery
Whitelighter
Mistress of Micros

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whitelighter   Author's Homepage   Email Whitelighter         Edit/Delete Post     
Since Amethyst appeared in the Legion, I thought it was good to post this here.

Other than the series (1-12, 1-16 and 1-4) itself, I'm looking for appearances, posters, promos and ads for Amethyst of Gemworld... Please help!

Scans would REALLY help me out.

[ December 07, 2012, 02:55 PM: Message edited by: Lard Lad ]

--------------------
Lady Kat - The White Raven

From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
won't be much help I'm afriad, but I can that Amethyst was there in Infinite Crisis #2 in the background in one panel.

When the twelve of us from this board were in Boston in Sept., someone asked Dan Didio if we'd see anything with her anytime soon, and his response made it seem unlikely.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whitelighter
Mistress of Micros

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whitelighter   Author's Homepage   Email Whitelighter         Edit/Delete Post     
I know she was in Book of Fate & the Convergence storyline as a bad girl last time I saw. Got those covered.

--------------------

From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
there was also Amethyst Annual 1 (between the 12 and 16 runs) and Special 1 (around Crisis on Infinite Earths 1).She had at least one appearance in Crisis OIE, Also, LSH...298, I think, had the original preview. She had a cameo or two in the original (Gaiman) Books of Magic mini, too.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I know there was an ad, but I can't remember where I saw it. Could it've been in LSH?

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

I remember ads fro the original 12-series, and for the later 4-series. couldn't tell you which books, tho.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

...and there was a two-page feature in at least one of the DC Samplers, just as most DC books of that era had.
Whitelighter
Mistress of Micros

I've managed to download the Sampler 2, I need to find #1 & #3 yet [Frown] Also looking for a full front/back cover scan of DC Spotlight, she's on there too. The picture and ad inside are from the comic. I heard there was an ad in Green Arrow, but I can't find it. I have the Amazing Heroes #20 cover scanned. She's on there... She was on the cover of two Crisis issues and inside 3 of them. (so 4 issues in all, cause #11 had a story with her). Let's see... I've got the Who's Who appearances and the Update 87, then the spiral version.. I had to download the entire Who's Who for that... Got the Book of Fate, Scare Tactics, Challeners of the Unknown and Night Force. Also found her in a poster kneeling next to Robin. That was cute. Still looking for missing scans, posters and ads.. and Fan Art! I should make a mini smiley of her.

--------------------

Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
She also teamed up with Superman in an issue of 'DC Comics Presents'.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Altho Amethyst herself did not make a physical appearance during the "Dead Legionnaires" stories in 5YL-era LEGION 43-48, her presence was definitely felt by Mysa who was transformed into a white-skinned, dark haired juggernaut...
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whitelighter
Mistress of Micros

And Kono [Smile] And Mordru even says that's her.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I finally read issue #0 of Sword of Sorcery and really dug it! It was pretty much everything I hoped it would be with a lead story that hooked me and featuring some stunning artwork by Aaron Lopresti. The Beowulf backup was also pretty impressive with the classic story having some apparent modern/futuristic elements to add to the mystery. Also, great to see atist Jesus Saiz finding a home and proper showcase for his talents.

Looks like putting this on my pull list before I read the first issue was a good move!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whitelighter
Mistress of Micros

*chuckles* Wow, old topic, forgot I had this one, hehe..

I've read upto 2 and it's not too bad, add in Justice League Dark. It's not the Amethyst we know and love, that's for sure, but she's still good (if you don't think of her as the old Amy). I'll keep reading.

I keep trying to read the Beowulf, but it's too... i donno, not me.

PS: I'm in the middle of updating my page, looking for the DC Nation Amethyst, the old one and Sword of Sorcery stuff now.

--------------------

Jay Kay
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Kay   Email Jay Kay         Edit/Delete Post     
I haven't read any of the old Amethyst, but I have liked what I've read of her in Sword of Sorcery and JLD. [Smile]
From: Arizona | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.