Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » So...what did ya get this week? (Page 21)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  37  38  39   
Author Topic: So...what did ya get this week?
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
quote:
Originally posted by stuorstew:
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Btw, anyone picking up Marineman #1 by Image? It got 4.5 out 5 stars at CBR and actually looks really groovy from the articles I've seen on it.

I did and found it to be surprising amount of fun
Cool! Start a new thread and review! I'm really interested in hearing your thoughts (and Supergod too, which I don't think I've heard of until now). Each week, you always collect a nice mix of titles.
I posted a review of Marine Man #1 that I hope you check out!

Really interested in review of the Larfleeze Special, Strange Tales and John Byrne's Next Men! Hope you guys post 'em! [Big Grin]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Supergirl #58
Tiny Titans #35
Detective Comics #871
Batman: Brave and the Bold #2
New Mutants #20
Gen13 #39
Batman: The Dark Knight #1
I Zombie #8
Chaos War: X-Men #1
Thunderstrike #2
DC Comics Presents: Chase

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Batman: The Dark Knight #1
Flash #8

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Astonishing X-Men 4 of 5.
Ultimate Thor number 3
and The Avengers 8 'Return of the Illuminati'

all pretty good.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Hack/Slash Vol.8
America's Best Comics
Terra Obscura Vol.1
Generation X Classic Vol.1
Teen Titans Go! #48
What If? #45
Cyblade #3
Pilot Season: Cyblade
Megalith #1
Supergirl #40-41

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Doom Patrol #18
Batman Beyond #1
Superboy #3
Weird Worlds #1
Vampirella #2
Freedom Fighters #5
Generation Hope #3
Marineman #2
Ozma of Oz #3
Greyshirt: Indigo Sunset #1-6

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
John Byrne's Next Men 2
Walking Dead 80
Thanos Imperative: Devastation
Irredeemable 21
Doom Patrol 18 (love that Bumblebee's prominent on the cover!)
Brightest Day 17
Adventure 522
Superboy 3
Jonah Hex 63

I thought long and hard about buying Batman Beyond 1 and Ultimate Captain America 1.

Ended up passing on BB because a glance thru looked like it didn't live up to the preview pages in last month's comics. I'll keep an eye on the reviews.

UCA, I passed up ultimately because of the $3.99 price tag. I LOVE Jason Aaron who writes it, but Marvel's always sure to stamp his stuff with the higher price. Doesn't help that I'm not crazy about the Ultimate line's edgier version of Steve Rogers. The preview page have him insulting his fellow soldiers, and that's just not him in any continuity. I'll keep an eye on reviews and consider the eventual trade if they're very positive.

[ January 05, 2011, 02:50 PM: Message edited by: Chief Lardy ]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Since they are predicting a winter storm that will surely hurl us back to the ice age, I went to the CBS today for readables!

DCU HOLIDAY SPECIAL 2010 (for the LSH story)

YOUNG AVENGERS CHILDRENS CRUSADE 4

THE WALKING DEAD 80

I ZOMBIE 9

FREEDOM FIGHTERS 5

DOOM PATROL 18

ADVENTURE COMICS 522 (horray for new $2.99 price!)

NEW MUTANTS 20

JSoA 46

CONGORILLA/STARMAN

Also, there was a huge 50% off sale on select TPBs... I got LSH: AN EYE FOR AN EYE (which collects the Levitz LSV arc) for $9.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I picked up some stuff earlier in the weeks...already sorted into the main stuff, so I don't remember everything I got.

But I went yesterday and grabbed Supergirl Annual 2, and the 2010 Holiday special. The only thing I couldn't find was the Larfleeze special. <Pout>

Gonna catch back up on DP soon. Also want to get the first three Superboy issues.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

I got "Supreme: The Return" in the mail yesterday.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Adventure 522
Superboy 3
Brightest Day 17

--------------------

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

plus ...

Batman RIP
Batman: Battle for the Cowl
Final Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds HC

at another CBS a friend gave me a gift certificate for for Christmas... I loath this store... it's dirty and has boxes of crap everywhere, and the owner is a d-bag who yelled at my friend on Free Comic Book Day because he didn't hear my friend say thank you... I wanted to use up the whole gift certificate in one shot and not need to go back again...

[ January 09, 2011, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: SharkLad ]

--------------------

Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
I got nuthin'!

My shop sold out of Adventure 522 before I got there, and didn't bother ordering the new Madame Xanadu trade.

Rassinfrassinbrickinbrackin LCS!

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm keeping my pull list emtpied, so this week I got:

current issues of:

BIRDS OF PREY

JL GENERATION LOST

BOOSTER GOLD

SECRET SIX

Since it was such a light week, I scoured the shelves for something else.

I rememebr reading nice comments about AVENGERS ACADEMY. I noticed 5, 6 and 7 on the shelf. Well, crapballs, I sure was behind. TOO behind to try it, I figured.

But then I noticed AVENGERS ACADEMY MUST-HAVE # 1, which apparently reprints issues 1-3 for the low low price of $3.99. JEENYUS, thought I... those Marvel bastards have made a sale!

I'm secretly hoping that I hate it, because if I love it, my shop had no copies of # 4 left.

Side-Note: I'm really j'adoring this MUST-HAVE reprint business, now that I am aware of it. IMO, they should do all their ongoings like this. Every 6th issue or so, do a MUST-HAVE collection of 3 issues. I would probably start buying a LOT more MARVEL if they did this. I think it is a brilliant idea to do these MUST-HAVEs at all. Good for you, Marvel.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Hate to disappoint you Lashie, but you're gonna LOVE it!! It's just brilliant.
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  37  38  39   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.