Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » So...what did ya get this week? (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  37  38  39   
Author Topic: So...what did ya get this week?
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I bought all the Brightest Day books except for Titans: Villains for Hire.

And that's the last of any Brightest Day I'm buying. (That includes Green Lantern books)

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I picked up three weeks of comics and I basically added EVERYTHING I've wanted to try plus all the Marvels, DC's and independents I've been collected.

I'll be doing a lot of reviews shortly (except for all those threads where I made the last 2-3 replies--hey LW, help a legend out on those [shrug] ).

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Two weeks worth...

The Walking Dead #72
Legion of Super Heroes #1
Adventure #11 (514)
The Flash #2
Brightest Day #2
First Wave #2
Doc Savage #2
The Spirit #2
Zatanna #1

and impulse buys:
Birds of Prey #1
DC Universe Legacies #1

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I got...

DC Legacies #1
Girl Comics #2 (and a copy for one of my teachers)
Legion #1 (Natch)
Tiny Titans #28
American Vampire #3
Joe the Barbarian #5
War of the Superman #3
Spirit #2
Galacta, Daughter of Galactus
Streets of Gotham #12
Zatanna #1

And true to my word, nothing involving Brightest Day.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

War of the Supermen #4
Mighty Crusaders Special
Power Girl #12
Gotham City Sirens #12
Grimm Fairy Tales Las Vegas Annual
Return of Bruce Wayne #2
Brave and the Bold #34
Project Superpowers Chapter 2 #9
Detective Comics #865

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
The plan for this week is to get:

Okko Cycle Of Air #2
Incorruptible #6
Batman The Return Of Bruce Wayne #2
Brave And The Bold #34
Detective Comics #865
Green Lantern #54
Madame Xanadu #23
Power Girl #12
Superman War Of The Supermen #4
Wednesday Comics HC
Green Hornet #4
Project Superpowers Chapter Two #9

Possibly also Mystery Society #1 if it looks good.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I picked up Mystery Society today myself, and will prob review shortly.

I only went to see if they had Zorro #2 which I need (they didn't so I *had* to buy something).

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Today's CBS purchases...

BIRDS of PREY 1

WARLORD 14

POWER GIRL 12

JL GENERATION LOST 2

ZATANNA 1

BRAVE & BOLD 34

BOOSTER GOLD 32

All of the above were $2.99 books, as I am trying to keep my $3.99 purchases to a bare minimum, or better yet stop them alltogether.

but I *did* buy these $3.99 books:

DCU LEGACIES 1... first of all, Len Wein's recent stuff has been awesome, the artists are top-notch and I **love** DC's Golden Age heroes set in the Golden Age! Add in Stealth's not-easy-to-get praise, and I couldn't pass this up.

ADVENTURE 11... I passed on isseu 10 last month, but this, based on the cover, is heavy on the LSH. So I got it...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
girl power week:

madame xanadu
power girl
the guild

oh yeah and x force.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Of my above purchases, the only ones I didn't thoroughly enjoy were WARLORD (spotty art) and BRAVE & BOLD (slow paced but props for a big reveal and some witty dialogue).

That's pretty good!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
I've been 'taste testing' a bunch of stuff lately, like Power Girl #12 which I liked a lot (as I mentioned on that book's thread) ...

Brave and the Bold #34 - stunning artwork ... great one-liners ...

War of the Supermen #4 - again, loved the artwork ... felt like I was reading Cliff Notes though ... was this originally supposed to be a longer series?

Return of Bruce Wayne #2 - I never read Final Crisis ... was it as unnecessarily convoluted as this?

Wonder Woman #44 - made me wish I'd starting reading Gail Simone's run earlier ...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Return of Bruce Wayne 2
B&B 34
War of Supermen 4
Incorruptible 6
Scalped 38
JL: Gen Lost 2
GLC 48
GL 54
Fantastic Four 579

Debated HEAVILY about getting Secret Avengers 1, but decided to stick to my guns and leave it. Very tempting, though!

Looked thru Mystery Society 1. Left it because I remembered Cobie's review as being a little less positive than it actually was. D'oh! Maybe I'll pick it up next week instead. (Next week is looking a bit light...)

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

^Yeah, you should totally pick up Mystery Society next week! I think you'll like it enough to continue for a few issues.

Whenever I get to the CBS, I'll review the various Avengers relaunches (with positive reviews on JR Jr's art probably [Smile] ). I'll want to base it on my personal preferences but also "would I think a disheartened former-Marvel fan would like it?" (re: you, Lardy and some others).

Power Boy--you should totally review the Guild on LW! I've scene articles about it but have never read anything. Use the "Random Review Thread" if you don't feel like starting a new topic.

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
so far...

Green Lantern #54
Green Lantern Corps #48

and oh my God, Dev Bought a Marvel book...

the Amazing Spider-Man Annual #37 ( It has a Untold tale by Buisek and Olliffe! I had to buy it)

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Brightest Day #3. think im gonna drop it.
Thor # 610
Avengers Prime #1 (awesome art by AD)
Dark Avengers #16 (pretty good wrap up to Siege)
the Thanos Imperative #1 (liked it, will probably stick around for the full 6)
i Zombie #2 - loved it

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  37  38  39   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.