Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » So...what did ya get this week? (Page 38)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  ...  35  36  37  38  39   
Author Topic: So...what did ya get this week?
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
This week's new issues of....

Hawkeye
Daredevil
Sword of Sorcery
Minutemen
LSH
American Vampire: Lord of Nightmares
Saucer Country
Walking Dead
Lone Ranger: Snake of iron

(Diamond fucked up, and the new Chew didn't ship to my CBS. It'll be another week or two. [Evil] )

Two things from Dark Horse looked interesting: EX SANGUINE and BILLY THE KID'S OLD TIME ODDITIES AND THE ORM OF LOCH NESS. If any of you try those out, let a brutha know what you think, asap!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Hawkeye and Daredevil BOTH came out this week!

I need to haul nass to the CBS.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Today I got four of my favorite titles:

Daredevil 19
Hawkeye 3 ... which is a balls out joyride.
Minutemen 4
Hellblazer 296

I was made nauseous every time I looked at an Avengers or an X-Book in the CBS. That's how good AvX was. [LOL]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Unwritten 42 (I'm skeptical, seems like it has gone on too long)

Justice League Dark 13 continues to be fun

and Ghost 1 which I liked. I predict I'll be following this for some time.

I turned down Madame X 1 ... The art was 90s Vertigo art, which I like when it makes sense but I didn't want to take the chance that this book would ruin my impression of Madama Xanadu from her last excellent series.

I also took a raincheck on Debris. 4 looked good, 2 looked light and my CBS didn't have 1 ... so I will wait for the TPB.

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Got the new...

Fables
Amazing Spider-man
Debris
Revival
Invincible
Chew
Mind MGMT

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

the current World's Finest
... was a hoot but they switched the art from KM doing the past ... and GP doing the present to KM doing Huntress' story and GP doing Power Girl's story.

KM's faces and fight moves during the Robin Huntress battle were spot on.

(I just realized i missed 5 ... my comic store dosnt seem to be getting everything lately ... and theyre so obnoxious ... they sell the free enormous bags you get at comic conventions.)
I found myself rooting for Helena against my beloved Damien Wayne Robin ... because this is the old Huntress .... (I didn't like the deadly Huntress of BOP.) Can a meeting with Supergirl be far behind? [Smile]

and Moloch #1 of 2.

it was alright, not sure if I'll get to but I decided to give it a go.

I passed on all things X ... even a shameless X book filled with Daredevil and Daredevilesque art.

I passed on Earth 2 as well, I flipped through it and got the gist ...Click Here For A Spoiler big fight, to the moon, GL's powers are tied to Earth ... no team. ect. DC comics are SO short. [No]

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

HUGE week this week! So much stuff I get came out that I had to leave a few in the bag!

What I brought home:

Amazing Spider-Man
Batman
The Massive
Conan
Buffy
Where is Jake Ellis?
Peter Panzerfaust
Walking Dead
Great Pacific
Saga
Invincible
The Boys (final issue [Frown] )

...@#$% Diamond didn't ship Punk Rock Jesus to my store, or I would've brought THAT one home! [Mad]

--------------------

Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
I get mine once a month, no LCS so I have to get them shipped.
My most recent shipment:

Action Comics
All Star Western
Animal Man
Cobra
Conan the Barbarian
Cyber Force
Debris
Earth 2
Flash
GI Joe
GI Joe: Real American Hero
Green Lantern
Green Lantern Corps
Green Lantern: New Guardians
Hellraiser
Justice League
Justice League Dark
Legion Lost
Legion of Super-Heroes
National Comics
Planet of the Apes: Cataclysm
Snake Eyes & Storm Shadow
Stormwatch
Superboy
Supergirl
Superman
Swamp Thing
Teen Titans
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Walking Dead
Wheel of Time: Eye of the World
Wonder Woman

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Batwoman 14 ... I am kind of bummed I passed on 13 and 0 ... but I was turned off by Wonder Woman being in the title. But Batwoman is probably the densest DC Comic out now. (I'll try to find back issues ... however its just not the same with JH Williams not on art)

Wonder Woman 14 (I am dipping my toes in. I hope it isn't a few splash pages of story in between adverts. But the NEW GODS ARE COMING. I had to try it. However I just realized the art ... is not as good as the usual Cliff Chiang ... who does the frickin cover ... I hate that shit!)

Daredevil the Man Without Fear 20.

Hawkeye 4. (My heart skipped a beat and I gasped when I saw this on the shelves. SWEET!)

Wolverine and the X-Men 21. (LOOKS GOOD ... and crossover-less!)

Deadpool 1 and 2. (based on LW recommendations)

Journey into Mystery (new creative team! Looks like a SIF title now!)

Indestructible Hulk (big step for me)

... Way too burned/ burned out on most Avenegers and X titles nowadawys.

SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Action Comics #14
Batgirl #14
Batman #14
Batman & Robin #14
Batwing #14
Earth #6
Green Lantern #14
Guarding the Globe #3
Justice League #14
LSH #14
Legion Lost #14
Red Hood #14
Superboy #14
Supergirl #14
Walking Dead #104
Wonder Woman #14
Worlds' Finest # 6

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Huntress and Power Girl World's Finest

[Superman X - Kell-El] [Superman X - Kell-El] [Superman X - Kell-El]

I just wish it was longer. Especially with the two different stories going on ... it seems like it is taking forever to get anywhere. and Apokolips is so last year.

Before Watchmen 5

I think finally a story that wasn't covered in Watchmen TOS? As it approaches the finale I am left wondering where this book has gone and is going .. clearly it is Nite Owl's story but ... [shrug] Click Here For A Spoiler the child deaths and Hooded Justice being the villain ... are predictable. Could've been a 60 page issue without all the other Watchmen homages thrown in

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Deadpool #3

That is one funny helicopter kick on the cover. And Dr Strange and Wong in this book add a lot of funny but it's still not as funny as #2. I'm not sure how this book works in the TPB format with a four part story line ... I don't really care about the story ... because it is so ridiculous .. I am just tuning in to see the funny and ridiculous ... not to root for Deadpool.

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Hawkeye
Amazing Spidey
Minutemen
Detective Comics (last month's)
Fashion Beast
Stumptown
Lone Ranger
Storm Dogs
Invincible
Great Pacific
Black Kiss
Cyber Force (free)

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Battlefields (Ennis)
Conan
The Massive
Billy the Kid's Old Time Oddities and the Orm of Loch Ness
Buffy
Clone
Change
Walking dead
Batman
Saucer Country

Plus, two Iron Man hardcovers on sale at 75% off cover:

Demon in a Bottle
Extremis

The first is the classic Tony Stark alcoholism storyline by Michelinie & Layton I've been wanting to read forever, and the second is the Warren Ellis/Adi Granov that is oft-referenced and cited to be an inspiration for the upcoming Iron Man 3 film.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
"Demon in a Bottle", upon my recent reading of it, DID NOT disappoint. It not only lived up to the hype, it exceeded my expctations.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  ...  35  36  37  38  39   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.