Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » So...what did ya get this week? (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  37  38  39   
Author Topic: So...what did ya get this week?
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Lessee...in no particular order...

Adventure #12/515
Hawkeye & Mockingbird #1
Avengers Prime #1
Booster Gold #32
Brave and the Bold #34
i zombie #2

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stuorstew
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuorstew   Email stuorstew         Edit/Delete Post     
Adventure Comics 12
iZombie 2
Thanos Imperative 1
Heralds
Irredeemable
Code Breakers

From: Dorset, England | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Adventure Comics #12
Brightest Day #3

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Just read the "Mighty Crusaders" special - waste of money and time. I hadn't picked up any of the other materials that had come before, but as a way to jump into the new Archie characters, it really falls short. The plot to get them together to form a team is horribly contrived and happens way too quickly. There are a few cameos from other DC characters just to remind us where we are, but it still doesn't feel like the DCU. After this special I don't think I can even pick one on the team that I like or find intriguing. In fact several of them are simply unlikable to me.

I'll have to pass on the series.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Just walked in from the CBS... let's check the bag...

I ZOMBIE 2 (very excited about!)

BRIGHTEST DAY 3

JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA 39

HERALDS 1 (purchased because it features a bevy of female Marvel characters I love **AND** was $2.99)

I did purchase the following $3.99 titles:

MARVEL ZOMBIES 5 # 3 (series 5 will likely be my final MZ series purchase)

ADVENTURE 12/51whatever

JUSTICE LEAGUE of AMERICA 45 (not quite ready to let go of it yet)

I left behind REBELS and JSA ALL-STARS as I am cutting them from my list.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
^I also have no idea what # Adventure is on anymore. I probably will never really. [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
Just read the "Mighty Crusaders" special - waste of money and time. I hadn't picked up any of the other materials that had come before, but as a way to jump into the new Archie characters, it really falls short. The plot to get them together to form a team is horribly contrived and happens way too quickly. There are a few cameos from other DC characters just to remind us where we are, but it still doesn't feel like the DCU. After this special I don't think I can even pick one on the team that I like or find intriguing. In fact several of them are simply unlikable to me.

I'll have to pass on the series.

This was enough to make sure I didn't get this. Appreciate the warning, Drake!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:

I left behind REBELS ... as I am cutting [them] from my list.

If REBELS gets cancelled, I'm blaming YOU, pardner! [sigh]

[Wink]

I -am- still enjoying this series in spite of St. Aubin apparently taking over the art duties from Matt Clark more or less permanently [Razz] ...The upcoming Brainiac/Dox/B3 storyline looks great.

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stuorstew
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuorstew   Email stuorstew         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

HERALDS 1 (purchased because it features a bevy of female Marvel characters I love **AND** was $2.99)

I do not know about you but I though this was just a great deal of fun that gave me a big smile across my face the whole time; and some of Hellcats dialogue was just hilarious.

If it continues in this vein then the next five weeks are going to be very good indeed.

From: Dorset, England | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by stuorstew:
quote:

I do not know about you but I though this was just a great deal of fun that gave me a big smile across my face the whole time; and some of Hellcats dialogue was just hilarious.

If it continues in this vein then the next five weeks are going to be very good indeed.

Stuorstew, there is a conversation on Heralds in the "Are you a fan of Patsy Walker?" thread--we totally would love to hear more of your thoughts on the series there!

Also, I saw you're collecting 'Codebreakers', a series I'm not familiar with. You should definitely review it somewhere! (New thread, 'Any recommendations?' thread if its a good one or 'Random Review Corner').

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Last week's goodies:

JSA #39
JSA All-Stars #7
Adventure #12
Kevin Smith's Green Hornet #4
Brightest Day #3
Irredeemable #14
Mouse Guard: Legends of the Guard #1
Avengers/Cap/Thor Index #2

My store occasionally puts out free books in the form of back issues too beat up to sell, so I grabbed a Moench/Sienkiewicz era Moon Knight gratis.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay then...

Chew #11 (one of the best books you're probably not reading)
Doom Patrol #11 (I looked before I leapt with this one)
Booster Gold #33 (giving this a chance)
Superman/Batman #72 (It's Paul, and my shop was out of the Annual)
Secret Six #22 (Gotta be good)
Brightest Day #3 (This had better impress me, or it's done)
and...
Power Girl #1 (the AH cover)

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stuorstew
Active

Batgirl
The Unwritten
Heralds
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Young Allies
Meta4

[ June 09, 2010, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: stuorstew ]

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Secret Six #22 (Thank you, Gail Simone, for having a soul)

Doc Savage #3
Gen13 #36
Batgirl #11
Tom Strong and the Robots of Doom #1
The Murder of King Tut #1
Hack/Slash My First Maniac #1
Booster Gold #33
Warlord #15
Doom Patrol #11
Batman #700

And Green Arrow #16-21 "Archer's Quest"

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

quote:
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:
Secret Six #22 (Thank you, Gail Simone, for having a soul)

It was a very good ending I thought as well. Not "nice", but fitting.
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Anyone who sticks it to Cheshire like that is okay in my book.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  37  38  39   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.