Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Marvel NOW... how many titles will you add? (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Marvel NOW... how many titles will you add?
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, the current Hawkeye series looks like it could be the best ever take on him!

The current Daredevil series is also the greatest thing INCLUDING sliced bread.

I'll probably be getting almost all of these Marvel NOW series since I currently get most of them anyway:

Fantastic Four & FF I'll certainly try. Allred's art makes FF a must. Fraction has been hit or miss with me, but he does have a quirky sense of humor. I think he is a writer who lives and dies on having a strong artist, so Bagley may make Fantastic Four very good.

Iron Man is written by Keiron Gillen. 'Nuff said. He's incredible. This should be great.

Thor is by Jason Aaron. Again, 'nuff said. This should be epic and chalk full of character, a combo Thor needs desperately.

Hickman on Avengers and New Avengers? Anyone who is unsure, trust me--BUY THIS. It'll probably be the greatest piece of literature since King Lear.

Waid & Yu on Hulk? Considering Waid is delivering the absolute greatest work of his long career on Daredevil, I'm willing to pay whatever it takes to check out his take on the Hulk. Plus Yu kicks all kind of ass.

All New X-Men may just be what a lot of fans are looking for. For me personally, not so much.

Uncanny Avengers...I'll sample. Not overly enthusiastic about it, but it could be wild.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe we could make this a Comic Book Review Month event?

Kind of a "Marvel Now launch" / "check in on the DCnU" / "sample the Independent Revolution" combo CBRM? Whoever reviews the most series gets a check from me in the mail for $25.00? And a signed autograph?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Cobie, I'm pregnant. It's yours.

Send $$ now, or we can meet in six months on The Maury Show. Neither of us needs the embarrassment. Just send the check and I'll get it taken care of.

[Good]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Yeah, the current Hawkeye series looks like it could be the best ever take on him!

The current Daredevil series is also the greatest thing INCLUDING sliced bread.

I'll probably be getting almost all of these Marvel NOW series since I currently get most of them anyway:

Fantastic Four & FF I'll certainly try. Allred's art makes FF a must. Fraction has been hit or miss with me, but he does have a quirky sense of humor. I think he is a writer who lives and dies on having a strong artist, so Bagley may make Fantastic Four very good.

Iron Man is written by Keiron Gillen. 'Nuff said. He's incredible. This should be great.

Thor is by Jason Aaron. Again, 'nuff said. This should be epic and chalk full of character, a combo Thor needs desperately.

Hickman on Avengers and New Avengers? Anyone who is unsure, trust me--BUY THIS. It'll probably be the greatest piece of literature since King Lear.

Waid & Yu on Hulk? Considering Waid is delivering the absolute greatest work of his long career on Daredevil, I'm willing to pay whatever it takes to check out his take on the Hulk. Plus Yu kicks all kind of ass.

All New X-Men may just be what a lot of fans are looking for. For me personally, not so much.

Uncanny Avengers...I'll sample. Not overly enthusiastic about it, but it could be wild.

I may end up mirroring this because I happen to get some of them now anyway ... unless the relaunch breaks me of the titles.

Hawkeye was surprisingly good. Honestly, I'm not sure why I even bought it, it dosn't seem like something I would normally pick up.

I blame Legion World ... and other similar comics that are also amazing right now like Daredevil and Shade.

(Let me know what you think about Hawkeye Cobes.)

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Um guys? I haven't been following with this, but, is NOW a massive reboot of Marvel or just a separate line like Ultimate?

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Ir's kinda rebootish, rebooty and rebootesque even if they say it isn't.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:
Um guys? I haven't been following with this, but, is NOW a massive reboot of Marvel or just a separate line like Ultimate?

Just an excuse for a bunch of #1s.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Guardians of the Galaxy coming back, with Brian Bendis and Salvador Larocca. I'll try it.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I'll try that also. Apparently there's going to be a rebooted YOUNG AVENGERS too. I'll give it a whirl!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
is there a list of the Marvel Now titles? I can't seem to find one that is not vague or as Lash says

"kinda rebootish, rebooty and rebootesque " emphasis on the kinda the -ish, the y, and the esque.

From what I've seen so far, maybe its time to take a break from most of Marvel, as the last reboot jaded me against DC. (I get some stuff but I'd say it is occasional readership from DC and as soon as World's Finest and Before Watchmen and Shade end ... I'd be out ...)

I'm just ... tired of feeling cheated, duped, or as if I was part of someone's September marketing scheme to throw a huge load of shit at the walls to improve sales.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
This list from wikipedia lists new titles, gives a concept description and creative team. It's not the most up-to-date list (no Guardians) but a concise run-down of most of the titles.

I'll probably get Avengers and New Avengers, just because of Jonathan Hickman. The X-Men concept sounds interesting, but I'm still suffering from X-Men Overload Brain Burn, so I'm a bit leery.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I was buying Avengers before, so I'll continue with "Uncanny Avengers," The Original Five X-title looks good, so I'll probably add that. (and I've loved Immomen since he was one of ours... [Wink] )
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Rumor has it there will be an ongoing YOUNG AVENGERS title....

--------------------

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
The Thor: God of Thunder direction sounds interesting. I have fond memories of the old 'Thor as a young hothead in Viking times' stories they used to print.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Let me bring this to all your attention:

- best opening issue (or tied with recent Daredevil #1) Marvel has had in years.

- phenomenal writing, and by far the best I've ever seen from Matt Fraction, who is doing FF soon.

- mind-blowing art by David Aja, who brings creativity and design that makes this feel like an indie book.

- Kate Bishop of Young Avengers...already written better than she has been since the very first Young Avengers mini.

- a 70's ish street crime / modern noir tone mashed up with some good humor and wit. So far a very unique feel.

What am I talking about? Hawkeye.

By far his best series ever and there are only two issues so far. Better even than any of his West Coast Avengers stories and most of his regular Avengers stories. At long last, the promise of the character--beyond being a face in an ensemble cast--is being delivered.

Peebs and I are loving it. So are the critics. Howard Chaykin wrote a fan letter in #2. Treat yourself.

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.