Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Marvel NOW... how many titles will you add? (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Marvel NOW... how many titles will you add?
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I just want to know where Nova ends up at the end of all this!
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
GASP! Today I bought-- UNCANNY AVENGERS # 1!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
GASP! UAv#1! That's a cliffhanger!!
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

SHITSNACKS--- I haven't read it yet-- I wasn't planning to read it until this weekend--- should I go ahead and read it?!!!?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0UNxlTYADI

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
^ Bwahahahahahahaha!!!
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
So. the abusive relationship that Marvel and I have continues ... I went back ... I flipped through Uncanny Avengers #1 ... on the shelf ... and took it home.

It was good! Not quite like old times but ... much better than our recent troubles.

My first thought was "OH. THAT John Cassiday." of Planetary and Astonishing X-Men fame.

some of the writing was a bit dorky ...
Click Here For A SpoilerRogue fights Scarlet Witch at Professor X's tombstone.

.. but it quickly spun into something else.

and then got slightly dorky again ... Click Here For A Spoilerwith the villains introducing themselves as they fought

... but I appreciate fairly original villains or at least an attempt to make some.

The art was typical Cassiday goodness ... that prioritizes story telling ... he may be one of the best breakdown artists ever!

yet ... Click Here For A Spoilerugh ... I hate seeing the comic book characters looking SO much like the movie characters ... pencil creativity should be way beyond what we are able to do in real life and through computers! and the X Mansion looks very much like the movie scenes ... where Charles X was buried.

It was a bit gory but to me it came off as pushing the boundaries storytelling rather than cheap ploys like Avengers vs. X was primarily.

I dropped the conclusion of A vs. X after buying most of it because it sucked so much. And I'm not picking up the tie ins ... which seem endless but .. I will be getting Uncanny Avengers at least through Cassiday's run!

Click Here For A SpoilerA vs. X takes an irrelevant character and kills him for effect but .. Uncanny Avengers ...has taken that character and made him .... very relevant. IMO

Oh two more things:

Click Here For A Spoilercurious to see where they take Alex Summers. They have to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find an X character who hasn't been super villain at this point. Not that Havok is the bottom of the barrel ... just that its hard to find one.

and

Click Here For A SpoilerRED SKULL!!!! YEES ! YES YES YES! Why has the supremacist not attacked the mutants before!!!! (ever even?) This is the perfect villain for the introductory story arc of "Uncanny Avengers!"

I ate this book up.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Power Boy:
curious to see where they take Alex Summers. They have to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find an X character who hasn't been super villain at this point. Not that Havok is the bottom of the barrel ... just that its hard to find one.

Did you miss when he was mind-controlled by Erik the Red? And Madelyne Pryor's puppet? And a Genoshan Magistrate? And that whole thing with Dark Beast he eventually pretended he was just kidding after quite a lot of terrorism, throwing Cyclops out of a plane to die and stopping Polaris' heart and leaving her? And when he was bodyjacked by Evil Mutant X Havok for a bit after he got back?

Havok's been a super-villain more than most. It was a running gag for a while that he went evil every crossover.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
quote:
Originally posted by Power Boy:
curious to see where they take Alex Summers. They have to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find an X character who hasn't been super villain at this point. Not that Havok is the bottom of the barrel ... just that its hard to find one.

Did you miss when he was mind-controlled by Erik the Red? And Madelyne Pryor's puppet? And a Genoshan Magistrate? And that whole thing with Dark Beast he eventually pretended he was just kidding after quite a lot of terrorism, throwing Cyclops out of a plane to die and stopping Polaris' heart and leaving her? And when he was bodyjacked by Evil Mutant X Havok for a bit after he got back?

Havok's been a super-villain more than most. It was a running gag for a while that he went evil every crossover.

I actually did read the X-Men during those events [LOL] bwahahahaha. [LOL]

I don't think he can be blamed for being possessed by Erik the Red though ... the Madelyne Pryor possession I think he can be partly blamed for and being a Magistrate.

I would like to see that issue where he throws Cyclops out of a plane though! [Devil]

Has he been evil within the past two years?

This is what the X-Men has come to!

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Although if one was going to be critical ....

why'd they go to all that trouble saying Alex was a good guy ...

when Wolverine, Rogue, and the Scarlet With are on the cover!

but I won't be .... 'cause I liked the book.

Like I said, there were some dorky moments.

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Despite Peebs' enthusiastic support for Uncanny Avengers, I think I'm going to pass on it. I like Cassaday but Remender is IMO an extremely dorky writer -- Uncanny X-Force got off to a promising start but quickly became tasteless and self-indulgent. Looks like UA is tasteless and self-indulgent right off the bat.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Fanfic Lady:
but Remender is IMO an extremely dorky writer -- Uncanny X-Force got off to a promising start but quickly became tasteless and self-indulgent. Looks like UA is tasteless and self-indulgent right off the bat.

Remender? Oh boy, I need to pay more attention to writers name's .... I hated Uncanny X-Force so much ... I stopped buying it two issues before the series ended! Because I just did not know what was going on and did not care.

It became a mess quickly but I hung on because he was doing exciting stuff.

I thought the
Click Here For A Spoilerbrain steeling gore was ... not merely just sensational but ... a good punch in the story. IMO. The Red Skull is a bad man.

Allright well ... I am in for two and most likely the first story arc.

Especially since ... I only got two comics this week and will be dropping Dr. Manhattan ... I haven't even read it yet.

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I read it, and all I can say is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0UNxlTYADI

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
So....is that in a GOOD way or a BAD way, Lash? [LOL]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
ARCHER RULES!!!
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.