Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Impulse buy! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Impulse buy!
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Powerpuff Girls Vanilla Rescue! pudding. It's purple, it's so cute...

HEY! YOU TRIADS GET OUT OF THE FRIDGE! GO BUY YOUR OWN DAMN PUDDING!

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
OOooooh, I LUV purple! And I LUUUV puddin'! What brand is it, Jell-O? I may have to run by the market next to work and check the shelves! I'm not too proud to pass up PPG pudding! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
It's the Hunt Snack Pack stuff, and as it turns out the pudding is white...it's the plastic cup that's purple. Oops. Well, that's an impulse buy for ya!
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, heck! [Frown]

I'm just gonna get me some banana pudding and some food coloring, and make my own Purple Pov! Puddin'!!! [Razz]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leap Year Lord           Edit/Delete Post     
Great Hera, is everyone immune to impulsive purchases?
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Does the half-off "expires in 1 hour" meat I have to buy due to budget restraints count as an impulse buy?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

We're not all monocle-wearing, yacht-sailing, brandy snifter sipping 1 percenters like Cobie, y'know.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Leap Year Lord           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by lowercase mllash:
Does the half-off "expires in 1 hour" meat I have to buy due to budget restraints count as an impulse buy?

Well, I hope you have immunity, then.

PS: day-old bakery goods a little safer. Plus: frosting!

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I'm not sure if this counts for impulsive or pre-meditated, but ever since "Kit Kat lasagna" was referenced on last week's episode of GO ON, I have been craving Kit Kat candy.

That longing for Kit Kats... nay, that NEED... was fulfilled tonight. Repeatedly. (buy 2 get 1 free sale!)

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Newspapers. I'm a sucker for grabbing a quick newspaper on the go. And sure, I read the usual Wall St. Journal to check on my stocks (newsflash: they suck) and the New York Times to check out foreign policy (newsflash: they suck) and sports (newsflash: my beloved Yankees SUCK). But what I really like to grab are the "barely better than the tabloids" papers like the Daily News and New York Post that take great pride in being the quintessential 'rag' they're known as.

Usually I discard these papers somewhere where I imagine someone will find them and read them, thereby helping increase literacy in the USA. Realistically they're probably used by vagabonds to cover up 40 oz bottles of booze so Johnny Law doesn't bother them.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
I am bad with both video games and movies.

I generally buy my games new, but I can't resist checking out the bargin bin while I'm in store...if there ios anything there even remotely interesting I'll probably buy it.

Movies tend to be picked up when at Wal-Mart for something else...then walking down the aisle, look I've always wanted to see that movie *adds to cart*

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

BLT-flavored potato chips.

They weren't bad but I won't get more. I'm surprised I got them in the first place.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
^ I did the same thing 2 weeks ago! Lays, right? And it was an impulse buy as well. Like you, I probably won't get them again though they weren't terrible.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Yeah, Lay's brand.

The novelty factor was definitely at play. I'm not into potato chips all that much.

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Cheetos Cheddar Jalapeño

Soooooooo good. Addicting for me. So need to not buy more cause they are so not going to help me loose weight.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.