Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Springfield, Springfield, it's a HELL of a town!

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Springfield, Springfield, it's a HELL of a town!
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
So this is the thread to talk about all your FAVORITE Simpsons episodes!!!

One of my favorites is the one where Homer goes to the candy show with Marge, where he steals the gummy Venus De Milo, blows up the hall with soda and pop rocks, and is mistakenly sued for sexual harassment!

Much hilarity ensues.

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
An early one - Homer eats questionable fugu, Bart & Lisa sing the theme from Shaft, "Dumb Things I Gotta Do Today"

And Homer discovers his middle name. "Aw, c'mon Maude, the human wang is a beautiful thing!"

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
One of my favorites is the episode where the citizens of Springfield stage a musical of "A Streetcar Named Desire"... called, appropriately enough, "O Streetcar!"

The songs were among my favorite from all the Simpsons episodes... plus, I also think it was the first time we found out how absolutely RIPPED Ned Flanders is... [Confused]

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
In looking for the name of my favorite episode I stumbled across this site. Note the url name. Could it be our Lardy?

Any way, my favorite episode is Three Men and a Comic Book. Just because I know what it is like to have to own a certain issue of a comic.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
There's too many for me to POSSIBLY try to list as THE SIMPSONS is beyond a doubt my all-time favorite TV show.

I've always been partial to that FRANK GRIMES episode though...

Any episode that heavily features MR. BURNS (EXcellent! Pish-Tosh!) is a winner for me!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I love the "chase scene" with the Wright Bros plane in the ep where Sideshow Bob tries to kill Krusty (most of the Sideshow Bob ones are among my favs).

I also liked the one where Homer goes to work for a supervillain in his supervillain mountain hideout.

And of course ... Monorail!

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Stu:
One of my favorites is the episode where the citizens of Springfield stage a musical of "A Streetcar Named Desire"... called, appropriately enough, "O Streetcar!"

The songs were among my favorite from all the Simpsons episodes... plus, I also think it was the first time we found out how absolutely RIPPED Ned Flanders is... [Confused]

Best line-" Marge, if you are trying to get the bile to rise to the back of my throat-MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!"

lil'rhino

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
There are so many episodes to choose from!

I'll pick the one where Troy McClure stars in a musical of the Planet of the Apes, featuring "Dr. Zaius," which is sung to the tune of "Rock Me Amadeus." Bwah-ha-ha!

--------------------
Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
One of my favorite lines from any Simpsons episode ever, from the incredibly bitch and inside-joke filled "The Itchy and Scratchy and Poochy Show"

"So, you want a realistic, down-to-earth show... that's completely off-the-wall and swarming with magic robots?"

That line, from the focus group designed to punch up "The Itchy and Scratchy Show" applies to comics fans as well as little cartoon kids.

I think that's also the episode that gave us the immortal "Worst. Episode. Ever."

From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.