Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » If YOU went to HOGWARTS (Harry Potter) which house would you be in?

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: If YOU went to HOGWARTS (Harry Potter) which house would you be in?
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, there are four choices.

There's Gryffindor, where Harry Potter is. Gryffindors are brave and noble. They value honor and integrity above all.

There's Hufflepuff, who are loyal to a fault. They are patient and hard-working. They work hard at every task they are given.

There's Ravenclaw, who are intelligent and wise. They value learning and knowledge.

And, there's Slytherin, who are wily and crafty. They will do whatever it takes to win. They're not ALTOGETHER evil, just very Machiavellian in everything they do.

So... if Legion World was Hogwarts, which house would the sorting Hat put you in?

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Ravenclaw underachiever.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Isn't there a Huffleclaw or Ravenpuff? I think I can fit into either house.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Crap. This is HARD...

I value honor and integrity, but I dunno how brave and noble I am.

I'm loyal to a fault but VERY impatient and have been known to half-ass something if I thought I could get away with it.

Sadly, I think I've gotten LESS intelligent and wise with age and MORE silly.

I can certainly be wily and crafty but I lack the true agressiveness to be that 'anything to WIN" type.

*choke!* HOGWARTS is gonna reject me.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Kid Prime
Founder

Hogwarts Sorting Hat rule of thumb #1!

If you don't seem to fit in anywhere else, you wind up in Hufflepuff. So I guess Lash and Lightning Lad will wind up there...

As for me? I'm almost totally sure I would wind up with TD in Ravenclaw.

--------------------

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
Hogwarts Sorting Hat rule of thumb #1!

If you don't seem to fit in anywhere else, you wind up in Hufflepuff. So I guess Lash and Lightning Lad will wind up there...

Well I don't think I could ask for a better housemate so I'd accept that.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll do my best to keep ya gigglin', Scooter!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
As for me? I'm almost totally sure I would wind up with TD in Ravenclaw.

Do mind yourself, a clerical error will result in me being made a prefect....
Ian Lad
No-so-special Guest Star

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd have to say Slytherin, probably. I have no idea, why, but it's just my gut feeling. And it'd be good to be the only non-ass there.
From: San Juan, Puerto Rico | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I imagine I'd end up in Hufflepuff which would be fine except for that name ...
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
I would be in Ravenclaw too, also an underachiever

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
Lessee... I was gonna say Ravenclaw b/c I value learning and knowledge, but I can do some really stupid things, so I don't think 'wise' is the word for me. So b/c I am absolutely loyal, and work very hard, I'll go with Huffelpuff.

--------------------
Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

What, no Gryffindors?

--------------------

Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
I've always wondered about the sorting process. There are, obviously, people in each house that would seem to fit just as well, or even better, in another house.

I mean, Hermione always struck me as a Ravenclaw... and I always wondered whether Neville should have been in Hufflepuff instead.

But I suppose the Hat looks beyond the more superficial characteristics and chooses based on the essential fiber of a person's character... I think it was also implied that the Hat took into consideration where the candidate wanted to be. (Harry had the potential to be in Slytherin, but he wished not to be.)

I would say that, at one point, I would have been a good Hufflepuff candidate -- but, over the years, I've become far less patient and hard-working in general (just ask anyone at my workplace), though I'm still fiercely loyal and devoted where my friends and family are concerned.

There's a bit of Slytherin in me, but I just don't see myself fundamentally characterized as someone who would win at any cost. I'd much rather work things out amicably for everyone involved -- life is not a zero-sum game.

Outwardly, I'd probably be perceived as a Ravenclaw... I read a lot and love learning new things. Knowledge is important to me, but it's not everything -- how you use it, and for what ends, is equally important, if not more so.

I guess then, that I would have to be KP's first Gryffindor... though probably an apparent Gryffindor misfit, like Neville or Hermione. By all outward appearances, I might not seem to be the bravest person... and my bookwormish and occasionally impatient ways might mark me as a prime candidate for another house. But, at the end of things, I think Gryffindor is where I'd end up.

Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm... why do I get the feeling that I'm gonna end up bunking with Hagrid...?

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.