Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » What have you been listening to lately? (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What have you been listening to lately?
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Perhaps the most generic thread subject ever, but I haven't seen it here yet.

I'm listening to Casablanca Moon by Slapp Happy, an obscure art-pop outfit from the '70s. Very quirky stuff.

I've also been listening to a lot of Alamaailman Vasarat, a Finnish klezmer-prog-metal outfit. Invigorating.

How about you?

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I *love* that new song by The Sounds, "Seven Days a Week"

Also really like "Bandages" from Hot Hot Heat and the Atari's cover of "Boys of Summer"

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
I'm listening to Casablanca Moon by Slapp Happy, an obscure art-pop outfit from the '70s. Very quirky stuff.

With Dagmar Krause, right? Pre-Henry Cow?

quote:

I've also been listening to a lot of Alamaailman Vasarat, a Finnish klezmer-prog-metal outfit. Invigorating.

I've heard some of this, but never really got into it.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:

With Dagmar Krause, right? Pre-Henry Cow?

Right. Her voice is quite unique. It doesn't really suit the poppier material, but somehow it works.

quote:

quote:

I've heard some of this, but never really got into it.
I saw these guys live a few weeks back, and they totally killed. They're a hoot, too. They don't take themselves as seriously as one might think.

--------------------

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Psychout
Your mind is my playground

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Psychout   Email Kid Psychout         Edit/Delete Post     
Crooked Fingers, Red Devil Dawn. more i listen the more i love it, especially 'Sweet Marie'.

Moloko Back to the Mine sessions. Roisin Murphy just made my goddess list & these remixes pretty cool.

From: Melbourne, Auz. | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
At the moment I'm listening to echolyn's latest "offical bootleg", Jersey Tomato vol. 2, live at the Metlar/Bodine Museum.

A stunning performance of "Mei", the 45-minute track that served as their last album.

"Sometimes you feel alone/'Cos sometimes you are"

There's something special about that band...

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
I've dug out the Lion and the Cobra by Sinead OI'Connor and had forgotten how great this album is...
From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Today it's been La Novia by Acid Mothers Temple & The Melting Paraiso U.F.O. (now that's a mouthful)

It's freakout/jam/psychedelia from Japan. Listenable, but not groundbreaking.

--------------------

Caleb
Member of Lash's Legion of Super Bitches

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caleb   Email Caleb         Edit/Delete Post     
Evanessence

Right this moment I am listening to Soccer Practice by Jonny McGovern. Its kind of dancy and gay and funny...

check it out at
www.gaypimp.com

or a direct link at
http://www.gaypimp.com/mvideo.html

--------------------
Bring Back Tellus :tellus:

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Estimate Lad
Substitute Poster

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Estimate Lad   Email Estimate Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I've been listening to far too much Half Man Half Biscuit due to the release of their new EP this week. The certainly deserve far greater exposure than their minor UK eighties hit "Trumpton Riots" gave them.

Also been listening to far to much folk music recently than is good for me Eliza Carthy, Martin Carthy, Old Blid Dogs and Fairport Convention. Tonight I'm going to go home and listen to some Misfits, The Saints and Richard Hell just to get the balance back to normal.

From: Kernow | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonnie
mere mortal

I'm listening to the Martyr Mantras by Jesus Loves You. Possibly my most played CD alongside Louis Armstrongs greatest hits and Little Queen by Heart....

In case my mother wants to fight my will please all note that I want Bow Down Mister played at my funeral with everyone waving their hands in the air at the end when the chorus is sung...

"raise your hands, lift your hands to the lord"

From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Right now Tool. But mostly Evanescence. Still have not tired of Amy Lee's voice. Don't think I ever will.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
"Saturday" by the Reivers. One of those late, great lost "college rock" bands of my youth. Ah to be 18 again.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonnie
mere mortal

Seafood... they're fookin' great!
Sonnie
mere mortal

Today I have mostly been listening to Pulp, Heart and the free CD from Uncut, which is nice....
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.