Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Spike TV? I miss the Nashville Network

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Spike TV? I miss the Nashville Network
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, so I'm trying to be open minded about "The First Network For Men." However, I was just watching a show called "Extreme Elimination Challenge," which is basically some kinda Asian extreme challenge game show or something, with American dialogue dubbed over it. Now, I was beginning to become irritated with some of the slams against women I was hearing (a female contestant fell down and the announcer said "well, I bet she's used to being on her back"). Then, a new challenge began in which contestants try to climb up on this pole. Well, according to the announcers, one of the teams was called the "Flaggots," and they just knew how good Flaggots were at climbing shafts.

I'm sorry, but is THAT what it means to be a "Man?" I dunno, maybe I'm just too sensitive, but I think I'll stick to Lifetime.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I remember when TNN just showed people line-dancing all afternoon. At least they now have Star Trek: The Next Generation ...
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
And don't forget they have Stripperella too.

I haven't seen Extreme Elimination Challenge and won't for a while at least since we have no cable now, but was the English dubbing just a translation of the Asian soundtrack?

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caleb
Member of Lash's Legion of Super Bitches

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caleb   Email Caleb         Edit/Delete Post     
"Flaggots climbing shafts". y'know, that's actually kinda funny. Would it have made a difference if the comment had been made on Bravo? I saw part of that show also and it was silly.

I saw this British commercial for Travelocity.com in which several very effiminate guys dressed up as flight attendants were making some VERY suggestive comments about how they are on their flights. My favorite was the last guy who said "So just lean back..." with a normal look on his face, then he got all serious and stared directly into the camera and finished with "... and let me service you."

That commercial made me laugh my ass off. But it also occurred to me that we could never show that commercial in the US because the conservatives would pitch a fit and the gay rights groups would freak out also about how negatively we were portrayed. I just think its kind of fun to laugh at ourselves.

Another favorite commercial of mine is a car commercial where this woman has a young hunk in her car and leans his seat all the way back when she pulls up next to her husband at a stoplight. They see each other and wave, then the light turns green and she pulls off. The husband raises his passenger seat and he has his own HUNK sitting in his car. Another hilariously funny British commercial that we couldn't get played in America. I think the British must just be more laid back than us stuffy Americans.

--------------------
Bring Back Tellus :tellus:

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
I think "Extreme Elimination Challenge" is idiotic, but no more or less than, say, "American Gladiators."

This too shall pass.

[Smile]

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.