Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Swept Away - a review

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Swept Away - a review
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
NOw, I know what you are thinking...

"This movie sucks!"

Why do we think that?

1. Madonna is in it
2. Guy Ritchie is director
3. Horrible reviews

But you know what, I liked it. Madonna actually did a good job at this. I was expecting to hate it when I rented it but being the Madonna completionist that I am, I had to watch it.

It was good.

Not great, mind you. But it did what a movie is SUPPOSED to do, it entertained me. I didn't once feel like getting up and going outside to smoke (quite a feat, as many of these types of movies leave me bored crapless)..

The ending was actually surprising, and not the predictable tripe we usually get.

My one gripe was the male lead, I didn't care for him. The acting was good enough I suppose, and he looked okay in those shirtless island scenes, but something was missing.

If you go in expecting to be entertained and that's all, this is a good movie. If you are looking for thought-provoking, go elsewhere (I suggest DOnnie Darko, myself).

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
The original Italian version (the guy in the remake is the original guy's son) is a great movie --- well acted, and very sexy. When you have a sexy Italian woman rolling on the sand by the fire asking to be sodomized, well there's no need for a remake is there?? [Wink]
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
LOL Drake. I've never had a sexy Italian woman ask me to sodomize them...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.