Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » So what are you READING? (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 91 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  89  90  91   
Author Topic: So what are you READING?
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
I've enjoyed the Potter movies, too. I thought Kenneth Brannagh was wonderful. I'm glad the filming will overlap on the third and fourth ones since the kids are getting older and may wind up aging themselves out of the parts for the last couple. That'd be a shame.

Otherwise, I'm reading a bunch of picture books -- recording a CD of bedtime stories for our nephews on the west coast. I think some "Curious George" will be next.

Eric

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Baudolino by Umberto Eco.

I started it, but didn't get that far.

It's the first Eco book that I haven't found incredibly compelling.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Looks That Kill Lad:
The last book I read was Lord of the Flies a few weeks ago, it's even more powerful than the film's.

One of my favorite books.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
How embarrassing. I still haven't finished The Da Vinci Code... it's been months... [Embarrassed]
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
I am current reading the Three Musketeers. Earlier this year, I started reading George R.R. Martin's Fire and Ice sextet, starting with A Game of Thrones. It was great! Turns out, though, there have only been 3 books published so far, and the 4th one, which was supposed to be out in August, was pushed back to this June! I wish I had checked to see how far along the series was before I started. They are a really good read, though.
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
"Namesake" by Jhumpa Lahiri -- great book from the author of "Interpreter of Maladies".
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by lancesrealm:
I am current reading the Three Musketeers. Earlier this year, I started reading George R.R. Martin's Fire and Ice sextet, starting with A Game of Thrones. It was great! Turns out, though, there have only been 3 books published so far, and the 4th one, which was supposed to be out in August, was pushed back to this June! I wish I had checked to see how far along the series was before I started. They are a really good read, though.

Oh those are sooo good. Who's your favourite character? Mine's Arya.

Let's see, I'm reading Green Rider by Kristen Britain; the original Battlestar Galactica novelization; Borderlands of Science by Michael Shermer; and the Legion Companion. I don't know how many books I've got on my waiting list...

[ December 27, 2003, 08:12 PM: Message edited by: Arachne ]

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
THE LABRADORIAN
THE LEGIONS' GREATEST HERO

Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE LABRADORIAN           Edit/Delete Post     
before i went on christmas leave, i went to the book store and bought DARK TOWER V : WOLVES OF THE CALLA, so i would have something to read at worK cause i was downstarirs where its verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry slow, so i read. I didnt get far but i did get about a third of it, its excellent, i gotta finish it. Anyway i returned to the store saying it was already bought as a gift and got my money back just as i was leaving for my trip, saved 40 dollars.

[ December 29, 2003, 10:45 AM: Message edited by: LABRADORIAN ]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm now reading Mirror Mirror by Gregory Maguire.
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by lancesrealm:

me too.... I read the first few books then had a frustrated week looking for the rest of the series. I'll have forgotten the characters by the time the next one comes out!
From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm reading The Camelot Chronicles by Jack White, it's up to seven books right now. Anyone ever hear of these?

And I try to read anything by Noam Chomsky and as much as I can by Eric Hobsbawm (a historian).

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Probability Pete
Probably

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Probability Pete   Email Probability Pete         Edit/Delete Post     
Just got "The Song of Arthur" from the library. It says it's "Celtic Tales from the High King's Court". It's a King Arthur thing. Short stories.
From: NJ | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JR Loflin
Stay Ace!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JR Loflin   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm currently reading two books:

"Star Wars: Spectre of the Past" by Timothy Zahn

and

"Who's There? The Life and Career of William Hartnell" by Jessica Carney

--------------------
"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

From: Outpost Gallifrey | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Now I'm reading Blood Canticle by Anne Rice...

Next up,,, Armageddon from the Left Behind Series (It's funny, I never would have picked this up myself, but I received the entire series as a gift and could not put them down...)

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ether_lad
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ether_lad   Email ether_lad         Edit/Delete Post     
umm...i've been distracted with work, my writing, and "smallville" on dvd...

the last book i read (or rather re-read) was "rats saw god" by rob thomas. up next: ayn rand's "the fountainhead" and then "the divinci code" (yes, i know...i'm waaaay behind).

--------------------
it was the ether that knocked her out cold.

From: 31st Century | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 91 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  89  90  91   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.