Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Dieters Support Thread (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 75 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  73  74  75   
Author Topic: Dieters Support Thread
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks so much for all the info guys & gals!

Where weight is concerned I'm probably a little messed up in the head.

Weight has been a life-long struggle with me, especially after I "came out".

The gay lifestyle, being the vain, ridiculous thing it is (at least in my experience) doesn't really allow for a guy to be even a little pudgy. The sad truth is, I'm not able to pull off being even a little overweight. Having my lover of 5 years break up with me in 1996 after I reached the most I'd ever weighed in my life (220 pounds) didn't help, I suppose.

Right now, I'm slightly over 5'10 and when I freaked out about my weight I weighed 204 pounds.

This morning I weighed 197 pounds, so the battle is working thus far. It'll be won when I'm back down to 175 and fighting the guys off who wouldn't look twice at me now.

Excercise works really great for me-- I can do treadmill walking and situps daily and tell a huge difference almost right away-- but I never stick with it. *sigh!*

Anyhoo, since I'm being all serious about taking this weight off-- especially with a planned meeting with Ger coming up-- I figured I'd go public. It kinda helps to discuss it....

Personally, I prefer a guy with a little meat on his bones...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bubble Wrap Boy
Perpetually Horny Crimefighter

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bubble Wrap Boy   Email Bubble Wrap Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
"Excercise works really great for me-- I can do treadmill walking and situps daily and tell a huge difference almost right away-- but I never stick with it. *sigh!*"

well stick with it dammit!!! [Wink]

one thing thatmost people don't realize is that when you start exercising, your appetite will increase (my furnace analogy)... this is ok. The problem occurs when you stop exercising but are still trying to "maintain" a diet. Your body has become accustomed to the aereobic outlet for burning calories, so the cravings for the needed calories will remain, but the outlet is removed, that's when you get into trouble and you get those awful weight rebounds.

Stick with it Lash, diet AND exercise, they need to go hand and hand! (And if you had to get rid of one, diet is the one you should be tossing, not the exercising, even a little extra weight would be fine because you'll be teaching your body how to mold it)

[ January 17, 2004, 05:45 AM: Message edited by: Bubble Wrap Boy ]

From: Boston | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
For those thinking about dieting, I recommend this site as a permenant cure for the urge!

Check it out, especially if you are over thirty.

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
My weight also fluctuates up and down thirty pounds constantly, so I go from 190 to 220 all the time. I'm 6' 0'', so it's not too bad, but I hate when I start to lose my tone. Right now, I'm just coming down from a period of being a bit fatty and starting to tone up again. Being a bouncer at a bar kind of pushes me in this direction, otherwise I'd lose my confidence at work.

I mainly do a lot of weight-lifting, especially my shoulders and arms, which helps you feel and looks slim.

Don't work your chest if your lifting weights, it will only make your chest bigger and then you'll feel fatter. Instead, do five sets of ten push-ups instead of chest workouts, and you're upper chest will get a nice toned-chissled look.

I try to run about three times a week, although I usually only do it about twice. The only fatty part of my body that is impossible to get rid of is right around my lower abs, although this is definately do to my inability to diet and my insatiable lust for lots of beer at least two to three times a week.

Hopefully, it about a month to two months time, I'll be back to the shape I'm comfortable with. After playing hockey for twelve years, college was a bit of a shock since I didn't have a constant outlet for working out, and my traditionally toned body starting to soften up. Since then, the only thing I can do is lift weights to make certain areas more muscular, run to trim my midsection and then diet four out of the seven days a week (weekends are too hard for this young man [Wink] ).

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
For those thinking about dieting, I recommend this site as a permenant cure for the urge!

Check it out, especially if you are over thirty.

What a fantastic site!

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

196 pounds this A.M!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Tonight at The Beacon, Chilled Celery Logs with Fluffy Mackerel Pudding! Menu suggestions courtesy of Duke's link....

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm currently at 192.5 lbs.

I ran on an indoor track this morning for about 30 minutes.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Lesson of the day: When you find yourself wondering, "Why'd they have to put the track way up on the fifth floor?", you know haven't been doing this enough lately.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

GO, Eryk GO!!!! Congrats, man!

I just had a salad, and that's all I'll eat today (except for a small bowl of rasin bran cereal later-- it's loaded with fiber!)

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Good luck to all of you guys! You can do it, yeah!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
If there were a way to workout while posting on LegionWorld, we'd all be buff! (maybe a Thigh Master...)

Keep it up Lash! We're all behind ya -- work it baby!!

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

No fear, Drakey... this weight is HISTORY baby!! And I'll spam this website with the photos to prove it when the time arrives! [Wink] [Wink] [Wink] [Wink]

Some progress noted this evening: Had not one but TWO drinks purchased for me by an anonymous gentleman (which is quite a feat here-- the broke-ass cads in Memphis NEVER do that!!) and was asked if I was a hairdresser (gay speak for "I like your hair!" No matter my weight, I've always had good hair!)

Can't wait to see what happens 20 pounds from now...!

Forgot to eat my bowl of cereal... drank a glass of 2% milk instead...

--------------------

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Some progress noted this evening: Had not one but TWO drinks purchased for me by an anonymous gentleman (which is quite a feat here-- the broke-ass cads in Memphis NEVER do that!!) and was asked if I was a hairdresser (gay speak for "I like your hair!" No matter my weight, I've always had good hair!)

Can't wait to see what happens 20 pounds from now...!

Cripes, you'll have to hire bodyguards to beat off all the admirers!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Well, the sad truth is, I get more attention the smaller I am.

Or maybe it's the ridiculous vintage outfits I can wear when I'm smaller. Whatever works. [Big Grin] [Wink] [Smile]

--------------------

This topic comprises 75 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  73  74  75   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.