Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Dieters Support Thread (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 75 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  73  74  75   
Author Topic: Dieters Support Thread
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
I must be getting over my cold/flu/etc. -- my appetite's almost completely returned.

To indulge, I just had a nice plate of Hostess Ho Ho's and Oreos... [Big Grin]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe you should stick to bananas now, STU.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

"Yes, we have no bananas! We have no bananas today."

(Because I ate 'em all. [Embarrassed] )

Stu
Time Trapper

How are everyone's diets going?

I just weighed myself and I'm suddenly down to 203 -- all the weight I was losing over the last couple of days while I've had this cold seemed to have just disappeared all at once.

The key is to not gain it back now that I've regained my appetite...

Ger
an old newbie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ger   Email Ger         Edit/Delete Post     
I applaud everyone. You go guys.

I can sympathize. I have to be conscious about what I eat AND work out regularly. I could stand to shed a few pounds. I'll step up the work-outs a little for my impending visit with Lash. A boy has to look his best. [Razz]

From: Dallas, TX | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I just posted my fitness/wellness update at the BEEF thread, but I'm so glad to find this one! Good job to all of you who are putting in the effort to feel and look good! The thing I've come to understand about this is that it isn't really about getting your weight down to a certain number, it's about getting your body in the shape you want. For me, my goal is to burn off as much fat as possible, to look "slim" in clothes. Then, when I'm feeling good, I'll consider doing more toning, maybe even bulking up the biceps and pecs. I'm 5'10" and weigh about 195. My thinnest was around 155 lbs around 11 years ago. If I put on muscle, I don't think I'll be weighing much less than I do now.

I go to the gym and do 30 minutes on the treadmill. I walk first, to warm up, then I run at a comfortable pace, then I push myself, then I go back to the comfortable pace, then I finish by walking again. Headphones with music are MANDATORY, IMO!!! Then I use the Nautilus weight machines, comfortable weight, two sets of 12. The thing I've done in the past is use too much weight, hoping to quickly bulk, but all that's done is make me HURT, so I quit doing it. This time, slow and steady... Then, I stretch.

I've taken major control over food. I know what junk has to be avoided, so... I avoid it! It's actually easy to do once you tell yourself. I prepare pretty good food at home, so my focus now is on portion control. I don't eat the kids' left overs anymore, despite how delicious they are.

I think this time around, I'm more ready than ever to get all the way to the results I want. I'm 37 and I absolutely, positively DO NOT want to have a mental (or physical) breakdown when I get to 40.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by the boy with UltraPowers:
i'm at the gym tomorrow after work for my "RPM" class !!!

and i plan on going on Thursday and Friday also ....

Matthew.

i did my "RPM" class last night [ one hour on the bike !!! ]

and then i went today also !!! 40 minutes running then sit-ups and press-ups !!!

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Sigh... today's diet distracters: Chip's Ahoy Cremewiches (two Chips Ahoy cookies with Oreo-like "creme" in between), and Junior Mints...
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I've stalled out at 195 for the nonce... will get serious about dieting again Tuesday...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Some inspiration to keep us away from the fast food(and they don't even mention how expensive it is):

Last February, Morgan Spurlock decided to become a gastronomical guinea pig.

His mission: To eat three meals a day for 30 days at McDonald's and document the impact on his health.

Scores of cheeseburgers, hundreds of fries and dozens of chocolate shakes later, the formerly strapping 6-foot-2 New Yorker - who started out at a healthy 185 pounds -had packed on 25 pounds.

But his supersized shape was the least of his problems.

Within a few days of beginning his drive-through diet, Spurlock, 33, was vomiting out the window of
his car, and doctors who examined him were shocked at how rapidly Spurlock's entire body deteriorated.

"It was really crazy - my body basically fell apart over the course of 30 days," Spurlock told The Post.

His liver became toxic, his cholesterol shot up from a low 165 to 230, his libido flagged and he suffered
headaches and depression.

[URL=http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/16393.htm ]full article at New York Post[/URL]

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Yikes! [Eek!] I guess he wasn't "lovin' it."

Someone call Justin Timberlake pronto and tell him the truth!

Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Gah!

Two well-meaning fellow employees brought stuff in this morning-- one brought a pastry sheet and the other brought donuts from Dunkin' D. [Frown]

Where's my self-control when I need it?!

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I just bought a very informative and helpful magazine, a special edition from Muscle and Fitness called Burn Fat Fast. There is SO much to learn from this publication. The bottom line is to get lean and build muscle, they suggest the higher protein, lower carb diets--meaning you have to cut out the obvious junk. They do allow for "cheat meals" and they say don't stick to the ultra healthy foods 100% at first. Allow yourself to have half a candy bar if you can't resist. As for exercise, they have great plans laid out for alternating cardio and weight lifting. They also recommend taking days off. In this magazine, they continually talk about how bodybuilders have been ahead of the diet and exercise trends for years and years. I suppose that's kind of a "duh" but I find it very helpful to have all this info in one source. I'm basically just eating less regular food and not having anymore total junk. I do 20-40 minutes on the treadmill and I use the Nautilus weight machines. I'm sure to stretch well, too.

People are telling me that they can already see a difference. My face seems to slim quickly. It's also funny how when you start to lose weight, you become even more conscious of the fat you have left to lose. I want it GONE!!!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
 -
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
 -
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 75 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  73  74  75   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.