Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Dieters Support Thread (Page 73)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 75 pages: 1  2  3  ...  70  71  72  73  74  75   
Author Topic: Dieters Support Thread
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
Sharky, keep in mind working out reduces stress, if that helps your motivation.
From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't go to the gym either, but I've invested in some exercise videos and free weights so I can work out at home. It really helps, since I have more flexibility as to when I do my workouts.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Back at the gym this afternoon... first time in months...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
Some shoulderblade problems keeping me for getting back to it. Dammit.
From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Two days in a row... the owner of the gym commented on my return...

--------------------

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

What kind of comment, welcome or unwelcome?
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Hope it was the former, Sharky!

Blaze had to stop going to the gym for a bit too, cause of back problems. I sometimes take a short break after particularly rough weeks at work...

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Probability Pete
Probably

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Probability Pete   Email Probability Pete         Edit/Delete Post     
Is anyone talking about Mayor Bloomberg in NYC? and his ban on big gulps and other large beverages?
s'ok????? or should I start a new thread?
not sure.
thx
pp

From: NJ | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Probability Pete
Probably

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Probability Pete   Email Probability Pete         Edit/Delete Post     
I only ask because I lost weight when I stopped drinking soda. but there is more to Bloomberg's idea I think? just curious.
From: NJ | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

It's all over the news in NYC. Constant bleating of "how dare he or anyone tell anyone what to eat or drink?"

Which bothers me because he's not banning soda, only cups over 16 oz, you can still buy two or more. It's just that then you're forced to realize just how much you're drinking.

And it's not everywhere, only in restaurants subject to the city's rating system.

It is a health issue and while I don't think a ban on big cups will have much impact, it will probably help some people a bit, probably more as a reminder than actual prevention.

The people with the more valid complaint are pointing out that you can still buy a huge burger with bacon and cheese on it so why bother limiting the drink, but he's pointing to studies that apparently link some percentage of obesity directly to soda and sugar drinks.

Eh, there are more important laws to pass and/or fix, but this idea that you shouldn't pass anything because you can't have a totally comprehensive system in one swoop doesn't fly with me either.

What "more" did you think there might be to it?

SharkLad
Wanderer

quote:
Originally posted by Shining Son:
What kind of comment, welcome or unwelcome?

LOL Kinda both... I like to get in and out the gym with as little social interaction as possible... or I should say as quickly as possible... still, I guess a little encouragement never hurts...

--------------------

Shining Son
oversexed young adult

So other than you being repulsed by humans, the comment itself was complimentary?
SharkLad
Wanderer

Yep...

--------------------

Probability Pete
Probably

sorry my shark. i meant to say...
is there more to Bloomberg's idea
not
there is more to Bloomberg's idea

that's what you get for staying up late
with no sugar.

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
This whole cast thing has totally derailed a lot of my efforts. Besides putting me in a funk, I had planned on riding to work by now, increasing my exercise greatly.

Sooner or later though...

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 75 pages: 1  2  3  ...  70  71  72  73  74  75   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.