Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Dieters Support Thread (Page 75)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 75 pages: 1  2  3  ...  72  73  74  75   
Author Topic: Dieters Support Thread
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
Good for Pete on walking home, *and* getting paid. :-)

Dev, I've been counting calories since Feb, and I've found adding more walking is way easier and more effective than being hungrier, so I feel for you losing that option for a while.

From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Probability Pete
Probably

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Probability Pete   Email Probability Pete         Edit/Delete Post     
no walking home yesterday or today. heat advisory up here. maybe tomorrow and for sure saturday because there are no trains on saturday and the bus schedule is kinda wonky.
From: NJ | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Probability Pete
Probably

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Probability Pete   Email Probability Pete         Edit/Delete Post     
an article about this singer from the atlantic
From: NJ | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Probability Pete
Probably

sorry wrong thread.
but if you care; cause no one is interested in my j-pop thread.

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=003207;p=1#000002

biggest thing world wide

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I've put on weight these last couple weeks. In response, I've doubled down on my diet plan (eating smaller portions and eliminating fatty food) and re-committed to working out. I can't do P90X every day, too tiring especially given the sometimes long hours. What I've done is split one workout into two sessions...

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Well...I'm almost back up to my highest. This foot thing has really hurt my attempts this year. I started out good, and then have gone downhill since the foot thing started.

Gonna start trying again in earnest soon though.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Dev, I saw you mention additional foot problems elsewhere.

[Hug]

Good luck.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Cle. My biggest issue right now is getting my foot back into fighting shape. That is going to take a while. I need to start trimming down a little though aside from that issue.

So frustrating.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kinetix (Zoe Saugin)
Sassy and all dressed up

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kinetix (Zoe Saugin)           Edit/Delete Post     
With the lack of cellular trim rays in this century, it's a good thing there's lots of support from friends and family!

[ December 03, 2012, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: Kinetix (Zoe Saugin) ]

--------------------
Why must power be so elusive?

From: Aleph | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I went from being unemployed and ridiculously poor at the beginning of the year (I got through some days on a pair of Ramen noodles packets, for a 40 cent daily 'meal') to finally finding work and eating more or less junk food from Mickey D's on the way to and from work, but, since I was walking 30 minutes to and from work, still managed to keep the weight down (and lost a pants size).

So, either crazy extreme food restrictions or an hours worth of moderate exercise seems to work for me.

Unfortunately, the vast amount of energy exerted in the body are in the upper thigh muscles, so having a bum foot is going to make the exercise part harder (although there are some isometrics that you can do while sitting at your desk at work that might help a little, or even self-resistance exercises, where you push your hands together and press as hard as you can, using your own muscles against each other).

Swimming, if you can find a place near you with a pool, might be your best bet. It's great exercise, and you can do it with just your arms (especially if you flounder around in the water like I do...). [Smile]

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
There's a little foam piece of equipment that you can put between your legs to stop them from kicking, too [Smile]

When I fractured my toe, I stuck to lifting dumbbells and some ab exercises. I tried shadow boxing, but the lack of my foot for balance meant it was not a good idea...

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Starting the year where I was at this time last year. Heaviest ever.

Going to do it this year. 310 start...want to get to at least 250 this year.

Dev - Em
KIA

Okay...got my BCN Pedometer going. 5000 steps a day to start out with. Let's see hoe this goes.
  This topic comprises 75 pages: 1  2  3  ...  72  73  74  75   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.